Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't generally like more doors, I've always picked 3 dr where possible.

But for some reason I really like this, probably the colour combination is helping. My neighbour has an R53 in this blue/white, would be an interesting comparison to see them together.

So much so I'm tempted to cancel my current order, and re-order one of these in October.....But I wont. :D

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Very interesting. I don't think I like it.
I don't think I like 5 door either because expected passengers are two persons (my
wife and me) and 2 golf bags.

I don't need rear doors but rear sheets need to be folded to accomodate 2 golf bags in even bigger clubman or 5 door.

That's why MCS F56 hatch is big enough for me;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmmmm....I just don't think its as successfully resolved as say the A1 5dr/sportback.

Plus I think it's a shame the windows aren't pillarless, as I love that on the 3dr hatch.

I'd definitely be sticking to the 3dr.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I normally dislike three door cars, all that clumsy climbing about but it suits the mini (I'm awaiting delivery of my Cooper D) so this 4 door version looks just a bit silly. Weirdly more bloated than the Countryman or other larger models.

J

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Don't like it

Mini to me will always remain 3 door - full stop.

Every other variant should have its own name!

It will still sell bucket loads so my opinion has just gone out the window

:D

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Would have been great if they'd done it without adding anything to the length of the car. As it is, it just looks silly.

Makes we wonder how they'll differentiate it from the Clubman, if they make one on the new platform.

Oli

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will get hate mail for this, but, it doesn't look good in the Blue.

Actually, it just doesn't look good period. I can't get my head around it.

I will stop commenting now ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The front doesn't look correct but from the front doors back it looks ok. Jeep did the same with the wrangler and the 4 door out sells the 2 door. Mini needs to keep developing just to keep the money coming in. In NZ Mini is not a brand which goes out to find customers. They have tried to market the young but the young don't have the this kind of money. Now housing is so expensive their is less money around and interest rates are about to climb.
I would have thought the convertible and would have been out first before the 5 door.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts