Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I picked up my brand new 2016 plate Mini Cooper D last Friday and have been meaning to find the time to post about this absolutely AMAZING car!

First off, like I'm sure the majority of people on this forum, I spent many many months researching and agonising over every single detail of the car. And I can truly say that the information and real-world owners advice available on this forum has been incredibly useful in helping me make my decision on the final spec of the car. I ordered the car mid-January and got a phone call from the dealership to say that the car would be ready for delivery on 11th March.

There was just one thing I wasn't 100% sure about - the colour. I think this was because I have yet to see it on the road, Autotrader, this forum, or on the internet in general, any car with exactly the same spec and colour. When it came to the delivery day I still wasn't sure whether I had made the right decision over moonwalk grey or white silver (especially as I'd seen a really nice looking moonwalk grey with the JCW exterior kit and black alloys on Autotrader the night before!)

We picked up the car from BMW/Mini Park Lane in London. The handover was excellent, although the Friday afternoon traffic out of London was horrendous! Probably not helped by the fact that we went for a brief drive down The Mall past Buckingham Palace, towards Downing Street onto Parliament Square, and then we followed the River out towards the City.

610 miles later and I can safely say that this Mini is such an accomplished car! It's extremely refined on the motorway commute but equally fun, torquey and nimble and so much more when driving along country lanes. This car makes me grin every time I push the red pulsating engine start/stop switch! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Welcome along to the forum :)

I also got the sport kit on a petrol Cooper but they are great cars :)

You were pushing your luck on double yellows in London as traffic wardens seem to appear from nowhere, great photo with Big Ben in the windscreen :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks EvlKarl! Unfortunately I had to go for a diesel as I'm going to be driving 20,000+ miles per year :D

What I love about MINI is the there are so many colour/kit/wheels combinations. Every car is your own+

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I think I read somewhere that there are something like 3 million different combinations of MINI - but I'm so happy with the white silver with the black roof and black alloys.

Welcome along to the forum :)

I also got the sport kit on a petrol Cooper but they are great cars :)

You were pushing your luck on double yellows in London as traffic wardens seem to appear from nowhere, great photo with Big Ben in the windscreen :D
Thanks mate. It was the salesman who parked the car on double yellows! Unfortunately there wasn't enough room to do the delivery handover in the underground car park they have underneath MINI on Park Lane. I was told that the underground car park featured in the Italian job in the scene where Michael Kane picks up his Aston Martin after spending some time at Her Majesty's pleasure!

Here was me hoping that the delivery of my MINI would look a bit like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello everyone!

I picked up my brand new 2016 plate Mini Cooper D last Friday and have been meaning to find the time to post about this absolutely AMAZING car!

First off, like I'm sure the majority of people on this forum, I spent many many months researching and agonising over every single detail of the car. And I can truly say that the information and real-world owners advice available on this forum has been incredibly useful in helping me make my decision on the final spec of the car. I ordered the car mid-January and got a phone call from the dealership to say that the car would be ready for delivery on 11th March.

There was just one thing I wasn't 100% sure about - the colour. I think this was because I have yet to see it on the road, Autotrader, this forum, or on the internet in general, any car with exactly the same spec and colour. When it came to the delivery day I still wasn't sure whether I had made the right decision over moonwalk grey or white silver (especially as I'd seen a really nice looking moonwalk grey with the JCW exterior kit and black alloys on Autotrader the night before!)

We picked up the car from BMW/Mini Park Lane in London. The handover was excellent, although the Friday afternoon traffic out of London was horrendous! Probably not helped by the fact that we went for a brief drive down The Mall past Buckingham Palace, towards Downing Street onto Parliament Square, and then we followed the River out towards the City.

610 miles later and I can safely say that this Mini is such an accomplished car! It's extremely refined on the motorway commute but equally fun, torquey and nimble and so much more when driving along country lanes. This car makes me grin every time I push the red pulsating engine start/stop switch! :D

That is a beautiful looking car. I bought mine from Park Lane too, they are great aren't they... Did you drive the car out from their basement car park?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Jonny, black rings make the silver even stand out more.;) Sorry could not find a silver F56 with black rings on the web.:(:D

before

after

love mine my next Mini will be melted silver.:)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Awesome looking MINI with very nice touches! Welcome!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah EvlKarl, it's something I'm thinking about doing - cheers for send me those links. I also want to get a stubby antenna for the car.

Thanks guys for your comments :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I picked my Cooper up from Park Lane in June 14 and was not allowed to drive it up the ramp because it is so tight, apparently they only allow a couple of their staff take a 7 series up it as it is almost impossible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts