Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe F56 compared to the R56

I was reading about the Mini F56 and then realized how the new F56 is growing in size pretty considerably. You just have to laugh a bit at a car company named Mini that has been systematically inflating the size of all its vehicles over the past X amount of years.

How has the Mini F56 grown? Let me count the ways. The F56's length was increased by 89 millimeters, it's length by 44 millimeters, and its height by 7 millimeters. The F56 also has a wheelbase that is 28 millimeters longer than the last generation, and a track width that is 42 millimeters wider at the front and 34 millimeters wider at the rear. The luggage compartment grew in space significantly. What was once 160 liters is now 211. That's 51 more liters of storage space.

The larger size of the Mini F56 makes its grille look quite imposing. The headlights also see, quite large IMO. To me the larger size Mini looks like a toy car that was inflated to a ridiculous proportion. Okay, it is not that terrible, but I think that the design of the Mini lends itself more when it is, well, miniature.

Are you happy about all the extra space and size that the new Mini F56 is offering? Do you think that the Mini design looks funny when translated to larger designs?

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are right. It would look much better body colour but, there is an advantage in being able to replace the black plastic far more cheaply than the body colour metal when some idiot opens their door into you at the supermarket.

We only had our youngest so that we could carry on using the parent and toddler wide bays!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree that we could do without the black plastic trim at the bottom of the Mini. I do agree that the Countryman looks terrible though.

It is too long. The window at the side in the back of the car looks really awkward. I just wish that they diversified the models more. Every model doesn't have to be like all other just in a different size. They could think a bit further outside the box as far as design goes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
this discussion is awkward. First of all MINI is being chastised for abandoning its purity, now we're chastising the Countryman for not straying far enough from purity.

Which one is it purity or diversification....

·
Registered
110 Posts
The power of debate!

There is only one Mini and that is a two door. Allowing a hatch is evolution enough!

Sir Alex allowed a clubman and convertible to creep in so out of respect, that is as far as it should go.

The countryman and paceman are indeed awkward. The coupe and roadster should be there own cars and should not pretend to be true Mini's. They would sell better as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts