Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to start somewhere I suppose although I can see tumbleweed blowing down the street and hear a distant church bell tolling....

My MCP was delivered and picked up by me at Harry Fairbairns in Kirkcaldy on the 2nd of June 2014.

It is Blazing Red with silver 16 inch alloys and black roof. Just about every option except park assist and leather.

So far I have seen exactly zero other F56 Minis except for the demonstrators...it is nice to be unique, but a little lonely.

Hopefully this weekend will see a population explosion in the new Mini world!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Johnan

Take it to the beach at St Andrews

Get Vangelis out and make the mini run to that

:D

Watch the affection towards you - won't feel lonely then ;)

Afterwards have an ice cream at Jannettas leaving the Mini to be adored amongst the rest of the ice cream loving folk

There

Sorted

:D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were just discussing going to St Andrews tomorrow for a run, to help with the running in tedium, so your suggestion is very relevant!

Have a cuppa in the Gleneagles hotel on the way back. Auchterarder is a bit out of the way but the scenery is great.

Good driving roads, especially for cars that handle properly.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Head to Aberfeldy and the Temple Gallery aka Haggarts tweed and go and meet my cousin Deborah and her husband Ryan - and enjoy the route :D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
We were just discussing going to St Andrews tomorrow for a run, to help with the running in tedium, so your suggestion is very relevant!

Have a cuppa in the Gleneagles hotel on the way back. Auchterarder is a bit out of the way but the scenery is great.

Good driving roads, especially for cars that handle properly.
Can you afford a cuppa in Gleneagles after buying a MINI? You must be loaded!:D

Reactions: GoKart7

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you afford a cuppa in Gleneagles after buying a MINI? You must be loaded!:D
Retired and spending before someone else gets it, not that there is much left now anyway!

We spent the first couple of nights of our honeymoon at Gleneagles Hotel in 1970 as we wanted it to be special and we like to be waited on hand and foot!
Absolutely memorable and wonderful experience which, if I remember correctly cost about £20 for a double room including meals, per night, in those days.
I still have the receipt somewhere.

The hotel is about 20-25 miles from where we live and we visit it on special occasions-like running in a new Mini.

We did a 27 mile run this morning and the OBC indicated 60mpg at the end, which is fine by me even allowing for a bit of perhaps slightly inaccurate optimism by the computer.

I hope your transfer goes smoothly tomorrow Donna, I am sure your last little friend will go to a good home, try not to miss it too much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.