Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Love the rear spoiler.

Official Release: For 55 years, the name John Cooper has stood for motor racing expertise that makes for a tangible increase in temperament and supreme agility in MINI style. The latest model generation also benefits from the tradition-steeped association between the sports car designer and the British brand. At the 2016 Essen Motor Show, MINI presents the current selection of Original Accessories by John Cooper Works. With a range of individually tailored retrofit components in the areas of drive, suspension, aerodynamics, exterior and interior, hallmark brand driving fun can be intensified for extreme performance, always based on authentic, personal style.

Like the John Cooper Works models themselves, the Original Accessories by John Cooper Works – a brand integrated under the MINI umbrella – pave the way to intense race feeling. The international trade show for tuning and motor racing is therefore the perfect platform on which to present the current product range. Racing enthusiasts can find about the latest new products and the diversity of the John Cooper Works range in Hall 3 of the Essen exhibition centre from 26 November to 4 December 2016.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/11/26/new-mini-jcw-accessories-debut-2016-essen-motor-show/

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
You get the prize as chief mini news spotter Ever! Great info. J

Reactions: dgswick

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Love the rear spoiler.

This isn't new. It's been available for a while. A little overpriced IMO for what you get, but than again, that can be said for any OEM part.

This is the same option on my car. (they're only available in black)

And, "Air Inlet Cover in CF"? They describe that little cosmetic slash in the bonnet like it's actually a hood scoop. I wish it were. Maybe I'm missing it, but I didn't see anything in the article that wasn't available last year. Could be I'm just in a cynical mood this morning though.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You can buy them and stick them on yourself, come in black would need to paint :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice that they featured them at SEMA and now at Essen. You would think that they would want to make it easy to buy the parts by adding them to the configurator under the accessories tab. BMW NA has done that, but nothing from MINI yet.

As someone who is getting ready to place an order, I think they are missing out on a lot of sales since adding the accessories to a build order is easy to do. Now you have to try to find things on the MINI accessories site, if you can find it at all. If they made it easy to do, JCW pro exhaust, suspension, etc. would probably be on the build sheet. Not so sure it will happen if I have to source the parts separately.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Nice that they featured them at SEMA and now at Essen. You would think that they would want to make it easy to buy the parts by adding them to the configurator under the accessories tab. BMW NA has done that, but nothing from MINI yet.

As someone who is getting ready to place an order, I think they are missing out on a lot of sales since adding the accessories to a build order is easy to do. Now you have to try to find things on the MINI accessories site, if you can find it at all. If they made it easy to do, JCW pro exhaust, suspension, etc. would probably be on the build sheet. Not so sure it will happen if I have to source the parts separately.
Amen to that! I ordered a JCW before they started manufacturing the manual trans cars last year & I had absolutely no clue about the JCW options (except for the driving lights - which I ordered).... ....maybe that's a good thing because I'm pretty certain that I would have opted for several of them! Price would have gotten a bit out of control ($40k+). But, I agree the configurator should make all accessories to be part of the build, if the buyer prefers. My dealer obviously had no clue at the time or they surely would have at least informed me of such things!

I will go a step further and urge MINI to add the options as part of the factory build!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Mini should offer the accessories direct from the factory. I would love to order my next Mini with HR/JCW coils. I found them for $ 1500 than another 400 for the install and been with out a car for a whole day is a pain when you have a busy life. It is so much easier to just click on the box and spend and spend$$$$$$$$ when you order your new car.:D

·
Registered
763 Posts
I agree Mini should offer the accessories direct from the factory. I would love to order my next Mini with HR/JCW coils. I found them for $ 1500 than another 400 for the install and been with out a car for a whole day is a pain when you have a busy life. It is so much easier to just click on the box and spend and spend$$$$$$$$ when you order your new car.:D
You can include them in the build when you order the car and they'll be installed either at the VDC or the dealer. When I ordered mine I added the CF hood scoop and black light rings and they were on the car when it was pulled off the truck.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
386 Posts
You can include them in the build when you order the car and they'll be installed either at the VDC or the dealer. When I ordered mine I added the CF hood scoop and black light rings and they were on the car when it was pulled off the truck.
That is true only if the dealer will handle it. I asked about that when I visited the dealer. The answer I got was to check with the parts department, which I did. Their answer was that I would have to order the parts from MINI. Obviously not a well thought out campaign.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good point. I asked my dealer if it was possible to spec an MCS with the Pro Suspesnion and my advisor was more than happy to do it. The Pro Brakes were tricky since they would require different wheels. We didn't go beyond talking about it since I'm not ready to get rid of my 2015 but it's nice to know they would do it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
All kinds of neat carbon fiber accessories listed. On the configurator ... nowhere to be seen. Big marketing opportunity lost in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts