Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 2014 (64) Mini Cooper 3 door on Friday from my local dealer in Stirling. Its moonwalk Grey with chilli pack. Currently have a Fiesta Black Edition which is only around 8 months old but have really fancied a MINI for some time. I did have a Dooper a few years back and liked it. Really looking forward to my mini adventure.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Moonwalk was my second choice of colour, went VO as I'd spent enough already.:D

Being a fellow Scot I'd recommend newminiscotland (NMS) and also scottishminis.com. NMS has plenty runs/meets etc in the central belt too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum, Moonwalk was my second choice of colour, went VO as I'd spent enough already.:D

Being a fellow Scot I'd recommend newminiscotland (NMS) and also scottishminis.com. NMS has plenty runs/meets etc in the central belt too.
Thanks, found NMS and joined up will do with Scottishminis too

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Welcome AlistairS ..... another VO CooperS here in the 'Deen :) :) Maybe catch you on a run sometime ..... although nae an NMS one! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have done a few mods already

Blackline round the lights and installed the sport aerial.
TDI Tuning box put on yesterday
Ordered a K&N Filter
Full Rubber MINI Mats incl. Boot
Ordered Number plate Holders with MINI logo - will put my Private Reg, on when I get the V5C back from DVLA

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have ordered a Tunit box for the car. Hopefully take delivery on Wednesday. It plugins into the ODBII Port rather than under the bonnet. Will be selling the other unit on. Also ordered a dashcam today as well

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have ordered a Tunit box for the car. Hopefully take delivery on Wednesday. It plugins into the ODBII Port rather than under the bonnet. Will be selling the other unit on. Also ordered a dashcam today as well
Ahh I see, just hat the name 'TDI Tuning box' made me think diesel! What does this Tunit box do through the ODBII port? Surely can't change performance?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh I see, just hat the name 'TDI Tuning box' made me think diesel! What does this Tunit box do through the ODBII port? Surely can't change performance?
TDI Tuning do both Petrol and Diesel box the same as DT UK. I am currently waiting on delivery of the tunit box. Yes, apparently it was described to me as a hybrid between a tuning box and a remap. I was concerned that it worked by flashing the ECU but according to the company this is not the case. You can adjust the maps on the device via an app. You need to have it plugged in for it to work. We shall see according to royal mail its out for delivery just now :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
TDI Tuning do both Petrol and Diesel box the same as DT UK. I am currently waiting on delivery of the tunit box. Yes, apparently it was described to me as a hybrid between a tuning box and a remap. I was concerned that it worked by flashing the ECU but according to the company this is not the case. You can adjust the maps on the device via an app. You need to have it plugged in for it to work. We shall see according to royal mail its out for delivery just now :)
Cool, I'm intrigued to know whether this works solely through the ODBII port, or does it need any engine bay connections at all? I had DTUK box and that was an engine bay job, intercepted the fuel rail signal. I'm baffled how the Tunit could do anything other than read things from the ODBII.

Cheers,

Andy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts