Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2023 JCW
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a double-post since I originally piggy-backed off of another member's intro post....

Brand new owner and new to the Mini family. Came from a string of BMWs (M2 and then M4) but wanted something smaller and more balanced for my city commutes. My girlfriend bought a Cooper S last year and I was always stealthily jealous.

I started my research and was initially set on a Mini SE to take a plunge into the EV landscape that I was curious about. While doing my research and inquiring at the dealer, they had me test drive the JCW on the lot and I was hooked. Decided to trade in my M4 for brand new 2023 JCW. Really enjoying everything about it so far!

· Registered
24 Posts
Betcha miss the speed and power a little. I had an FBO BM3 tuned M235ix. It was a beast but too fast to enjoy legally. My JCW is certainly not as quick or fast, but it’s like it feels quicker and faster. Maybe it’s the size.

I did add the NM tuner box and highly recommend it. Added high flow catted DP and Remus Race exhaust and it’s louder than my F22 at startup.

Have fun!

· Registered
2023 JCW
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Betcha miss the speed and power a little. I had an FBO BM3 tuned M235ix. It was a beast but too fast to enjoy legally. My JCW is certainly not as quick or fast, but it’s like it feels quicker and faster. Maybe it’s the size.

I did add the NM tuner box and highly recommend it. Added high flow catted DP and Remus Race exhaust and it’s louder than my F22 at startup.

Have fun!
Honestly, not so much just yet. My M4 was tuned with BM3 and it was a beast for sure, but with the driving that I do (in/around city and some highway), I always felt like I was wasting its potential and that it was too much for my purposes. The JCW strikes a great balance given my circumstances. I actually appreciate the subtlety of the Mini's engine note and it feels smoother than my M4 did in normal driving.

I am definitely looking into a simple tuning box when I get past break-in. A little bummed that I can't use my BM3 license without unlocking the DME...

· Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2022 JCW Mini, which I am handing off to my Son. Is there an idiot's guide to changing ownership (from an electronics point of view) Also, using MyMini App

Thanks

Dave
I seem to recall when navigating/exploring my 2023 (S) iDrive menu system there is a menu item to clear personal data, or something to that effect.

Checked the MINI app. Nothing. But found a link to the MINI guide (digital owners manual) for the 2023 MINI. Didn't download/install the app though.

But you can do this is you want.

On the opening screen: ALL GOOD; scroll down to the bottom. There is a MINI Motorer's Guide link that takes you to the App Store and where you can "get" the app that supports the MINI Motorer's Guide.

If there is a way to remove personal data and reset the car's settings to "new" I bet it will be in the Guide.

· Registered
576 Posts
Share everything with my sons, what dirty secrets are you trying to hide :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
576 Posts

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts