Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Mini owner here in Chicago. Didn't ever think I would get a Mini. It was happenstance but, I love this car !! My last car was on its last legs and broke down in front of a Mini dealer. To make a long story short, I walked into the dealer, and walked out 1 1/2 hours later with a Volcanic Orange Hardtop w/ sunroof and a whole bunch of goodies. I would've loved to order one but, I needed to get home and couldn't wait for the car to be manufactured. One of the best car decisions i've made. It will take me on many a road trip so I've decided to name it "Rocinante". There weren't any cars on the lot available with the Mini Connected feature so, I have a basic radio. Now that I've discovered the Mini Connected, i want to get it installed. Anyone ever retrofitted this feature ?
Thanks in advance. Glad I found this forum. :)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, mouh60. Great story and a great choice of car :)

While it may technically be possible to retrofit options, whether it becomes cost effective is another story. If it's technically possible, the dealer will have to code the options to the computer.

I'm not sure what you're calling "connected". I understand what we Brits call the Media Pack (or Media XL) with the 8.8" screen may be part of a "Wired" pack elsewhere.

I would expect that such an upgrade would be cost-prohibitive. It might be worth researching the options you really want and then doing a trade-in at a later date.

I did hear that it wasn't possible, for example, to retro-fit the LED headlights. Also, the wiring looms are apparently built for each individual car without any spare points on the loom. It may therefore be difficult to accommodate all the extra switches in the centre console, etc.

Oli

1 - 5 of 5 Posts