Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just joined the forum and I am a new owner of a beautiful Hard top 2 doors S :)

I just got the car yesterday and now I am looking to install a roof rack, my car didnt come with the favtory rails so I will need to fet an aftermarket one.

The dealer offered to install the oem one but they were charging me an extra 2K!!!!!!!

Has anyone install any aftermarket roof rack? If so, question, I notice that the aftermarket ones clip right next to the window, is that safe to do in the long run? Could that damage the car window or something else? Lastly, can anyone recommend me a good aftermarket rack? Is for a road bike :)

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Welcome along :)

Any photos of your new MINI? sorry can't help with the roof rack..

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum save the $$$ on the install on the roof rack instead have a hitch installed and hang the bike on it Also check out vipcustomparts.com they have a great solution for a bike rack.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum; not sure i fancy it but apparently yakima do a roof rack for the 2 door without rails. Alternatively there's a thread on here of someone retro fitting the bumber mounted bike rack-really neat job, involving one extra hole in the rear bumper aluminium inner beam basically as the one it can come with from the factory-would be my preferred option but you need a few engineering skills!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much guys for all the info!

I will post pics later, for some reason I cant using my phone. I jjst saw the yakima one and I like it but I am not sure if it cleat the sunroof or not :/

I will call them and see what they say

1 - 5 of 5 Posts