Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered my new JCW a few days back :) Now thinking, what bits and bobs do I need to get for it? Some nice mats for a start, a decent mobile phone holder in the right place (I'll be running google maps for SatNav and Spotify for tunes), a set of seat covers (my lad plays rugby in the winter...).

So what quality kit did you guys buy for your Mini's, what would you recommend and where from? :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered mine yesterday, and getting dealer installed Black Line headlight and taillight rings. Very exciting, congrats.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, seat covers if you have muddy oiks would be a good call along with the winter mats (rubber).

Other than that, set of some Khumo cut slicks for a bit of track work maybe? :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
We've spent enough as it is with all the options and I've still got to get the winter tyres and wheels at about £1500 - so just petrol!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have the mats below and a stubby aerial :)

I'd make him strip off before getting in, seat covers will protect seats but what about door cards etc?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Do they make a seat cover that fits the JCW Cloth & Dinamica/Leather Sport Seats?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you want to go really mad you can follow my example(joking,dont) KW coilovers,adj.rear camber arms,Oz Ultraleggera wheels,had Speedline but have just sold them,Cracenspeed intake system,alloy strut brace and a Remus exhaust.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Liking the mats DavyBoy, torn between those and some plain red ones at the moment. Does the stubby ariel make a huge difference for DAB? It can be a bit hit and miss in my A4 especially once over Herefordshire way.

Good point on the JCW seats though, bet a normal seat cover wont fit, then again its only for a few miles once or twice a week and he wont be allowed to touch ANYTHING. The fact is got to be used for some business miles to customers and suppliers suggests serious mods out of the question really :( Exhaust track mode switched off for work then. Apart from joyrides around the car park of course!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, question about mats - are they clip fit, or just loose?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The mats are held in by Velcro fasteners. They're a big plastic disc that screws into the floor with a Velcro patch on, the underside of the mats simply attaches to that.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Liking the mats DavyBoy, torn between those and some plain red ones at the moment. Does the stubby ariel make a huge difference for DAB? It can be a bit hit and miss in my A4 especially once over Herefordshire way.
Can't say I've noticed any difference on the DAB radio, there are a few drop out but it did it also with the normally aerial...

SatNav no issues either :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Oh, question about mats - are they clip fit, or just loose?
The mats are held in by Velcro fasteners. They're a big plastic disc that screws into the floor with a Velcro patch on, the underside of the mats simply attaches to that.
As Buz said, if you have carpet mats the discs are most likely already there...

I've had rubber mats in every MINI I've owned and swear by them :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts