Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini will be building its newest model in the Netherlands as it tries to expand output capacity from its Oxford site in England. England would still be the main manufacturing hub for Mini, but the Mini hatchback model would be split between Oxford and a Born facility in the Netherlands.

BMW's head of production said in a statement that the Mini brand is showing substantial growth, which is the main reason for additional external production capacity. The BMW Group is diversifying output of the Mini as a part of a sales strategy to sell over 2 million vehicles by 2016.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/bmw-to-build-new-mini-in-the-netherlands-starting-summer/

·
Registered
277 Posts
Seeing how they wanted to expand production numbers, likely they have production in different parts of the world for different nations

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know what you mean. I am supporting local business by getting mine, with the panels made at Swindon (about 15 miles from me) and the car made at Oxford (about 35 miles away but I used to live there!).

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know what you mean. I am supporting local business by getting mine, with the panels made at Swindon (about 15 miles from me) and the car made at Oxford (about 35 miles away but I used to live there!).
Good stuff, at least this is an easy way for your to support your local economy by buying something you love that's built locally. Keep us posted on when you get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.