Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving this little guy! Just came from a Dodge Charger V8 and Infini G35 prior to that, the Cooper S is buckets more fun than either one!

- 6-Speed Manual (naturally)
- Midnight Black Exterior
- 18" Cone spoke silver wheels
- Cold Weather package
- Fully Loaded Package
- Premium Package
- Sports Package
- HUD

Things I would love to know from people who might know more about about their F56...
-- Does the Harman/Kardon system have an onboard HDD for storing music?
-- I've figured out how to change the the dynamic damper so that in SPORT mode I get the better throttle response, but not the teeth chattering ride - anyone know how to get the steering to tighten up in SPORT mode without having the suspension changes go with it?
-- Any idea how the navi is getting traffic info? It seems sporadic. Sometimes it updates, sometimes it doesn't.
-- Anyone try a new intake or exhaust? I was intrigued by Burger Tuning's sub-$400 "track only" kit that bumps HP by 30 and torque by 40 but scared to death of the consequences it could cause. The car is plenty fun as is, but that 2.0 liter turbo is very undertuned from what it could be and I have to think there's a cheaper way than spending $6K or so on the JCW upgrades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you got the Fully Loaded package, then you should have gotten the Wired package as part of it, in which case you would have the hard drive I think. Try plugging a USB drive with some MP3s into the socket in front of the gear shift, then look up how to load songs onto the internal drive in the owners manual and try it. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll give you the step-by-step.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you got the Fully Loaded package, then you should have gotten the Wired package as part of it, in which case you would have the hard drive I think. Try plugging a USB drive with some MP3s into the socket in front of the gear shift, then look up how to load songs onto the internal drive in the owners manual and try it. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll give you the step-by-step.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, makes me wish I chose tinted windows now
I got it done after purchase. It was part of the deal, "throw in a tint for me and you have a deal" sort of thing. :)

Now I'm thinking I need some stripes or other vinyl work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts