Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I guess it’s time to introduce myself :)!

Last week I picked up my 2015 F56 Cooper S (aka. Peanut) fromStratstone Derby MINI. I was surprisedas it only took just over a month from placing my order to collecting the car! It was all very exciting; the car was coveredover by a black cloth with a huge red bow when I arrived. This is my first brand new car and so muchmore fun with shed loads more character than the Audi A3 Quattro I px’d.

Here are my build specs:
Volcanic Orange
Outside mirror / roof in black
Leather Cross Punch / carbon black
Colour line / carbon black

Park assistant pack
Media XL pack
Chili Pack
Storage compartment pack

Electronic Damper Control (EDC)
17” Cosmos Spoke alloy wheels in black
JCW steering wheel
Folding exterior mirrors
JCW rear spoiler
Darkened rear glass
Automatically dimming interior mirror
Front armrest
Seat heating driver/passenger
Headlining anthracite
MINI Yours Interior / dark cottonwood
MINI excitement package
MINI driving modes
Park Distance Control (PDC)
Rain sensor with auto-headlight activation
Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
Cruise control with break function
Heated windscreen / visibility package
LED headlights / light package
LED fog lights
Parking assistant
MINI Head-up display
MINI Connected XL

Accessories:
JCW gearknob
JCW sports pedals / footrest
JCW pro Key Cap with NFC chip
JCW pro Key Lanyard
MINI sports antenna
MINI LED door projectors
Matte black and burgundy racing/viper stripes
Oh and not to forget Spike the plush bulldog, belted up in the rear too:)

Unfortunately The wait for the DVLA to transfer my cherished reg. wasjust too long (potentially an additional 4 – 6 weeks :eek:), so I took the caron a ’15 plate. Just waiting on the DVLAto retain and allocate the reg. now.

So, there we have it... another proud member of the VO club. ~200 miles and I just love the car, it’sgreat. I’ll get some piccies sortedas soon as I can :D.

Sean.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats! I just got mine today too and have to agree with you that the dealership experience was outstanding. I haven't been treated like that in a long time when buying a car. You'd think that I just purchased an S Class Mercedes. I could get used to this.

I won't forget the first drive home for a long time.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Sounds great can't wait to see those stripes as v similar to my spec other than that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! I just got mine today too and have to agree with you that the dealership experience was outstanding. I haven't been treated like that in a long time when buying a car. You'd think that I just purchased an S Class Mercedes. I could get used to this.

I won't forget the first drive home for a long time.
Haha yeh, I was certainly made to feel special. It was all uber exciting :D.

Sounds great can't wait to see those stripes as v similar to my spec other than that.
I'll get some pics sorted asap. I've only had the car since last Thursday and it's already way too dirty. Sadly work commitments and weather have prevented me from giving it a good clean :|. Don't want to be taking pics of a dirty car haha.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was just hoping that the last of this cold, mopey weather would clear up by the weekend so that I could wash and detail it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Sride90, I visited Stratsone Derby on Tuesday to check out their showroom.
What a well packed car park :laugh:, had to park next door in the Vauxhall area. Strangely, for a full car park there was nobody inside.

Nothing worth seeing, apart from the Seats I want (grey fabric centre, leather sides).

Sytner, Nottingham had what I was looking for with a Chilli Red with sports pack and one of the special 210's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to Team VO! :D

Thanks Donna :)!

Hi Sride90, I visited Stratsone Derby on Tuesday to check out their showroom.
What a well packed car park :laugh:, had to park next door in the Vauxhall area. Strangely, for a full car park there was nobody inside.

Nothing worth seeing, apart from the Seats I want (grey fabric centre, leather sides).

Sytner, Nottingham had what I was looking for with a Chilli Red with sports pack and one of the special 210's.

Hey Scoop. Yeh the car park is small lol, but the place is convenient for me being from Derby :). I found all the staff really pleasant and they did look after me.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for :). Funnily enough I visited Nottingham first, as I'm an existing Sytner customer and expected a better deal. Bigger showroom admittedly, but when push came to shove their offering was far off Stratstone's!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Scoop. Yeh the car park is small lol, but the place is convenient for me being from Derby :). I found all the staff really pleasant and they did look after me.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for :). Funnily enough I visited Nottingham first, as I'm an existing Sytner customer and expected a better deal. Bigger showroom admittedly, but when push came to shove their offering was far off Stratstone's!
Good to know, I will start off negotiations with Sytner then see what Stratsone can do. I was planning on visiting at least 3 to get the best deal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great spec ! Hope you are enjoying your new car.

Post pics of the viper stripes when you get a chance. I am trying to work out what stripes to spec for the my PW MCSD still being built.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Managed to clean the car today... well sort of! Due to the unique British weather it started to rain after lunch, so after snow foaming, shampooing, drying and partially detailing, the car was wet again and I could do no more :eek:.

I did take some piccies. Sadly these are not as good as I'd of hoped due to the rain, however I've included these within my gallery and garage. As a couple of people asked to see the stripes, I've added a few here too :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Those sport stripes with the red accent is great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was your car at Stratstone today?

Popped into sign paperwork and noticed a VO with the same stripes, parked up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts