Mini Cooper Forum banner

New performance air intake

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Joshlpreston 
#1 ·
Hi guys, was wondering anyone could help me, I bought an air intake from Mishimoto for my 2018 Mini Cooper s but the MAF sensor doesn’t fit in the hose I was sent, said when I bought it that the air intake fits 2014-2018 Mini Cooper s so I don’t know why it doesn’t work. Anyone know where I can get a new air intake to fit my car from? I’ll provide some pictures and maybe that will help

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Well my car is an 18 plate so it’s early 2018 otherwise it would’ve been 68 or 58 I’m not sure what it was but do you know of a compatible air take for my car or could I buy a MAF sensor to fit the hose and it still work ok on my car, I’ve found one that would fit the intake I bought but don’t know if it would work with my car 🤔

Attachments

#5 ·
What month was your car built as some 18 plate cars are LCi and some are pre LCi?
Mine is a pre LCi but has some features from the changeover - toggle switch for driving modes, newer style fuel gauge. LCi models came with these as well as UJ rear lights, newer style badges on bonnet/boot/steering wheel and the same engine cover you have.
I know looking at induction kits there are 2 different maf types - oval and rectangle. I'm not 100% if the mafs are interchangeable but wouldn't have thought so otherwise Mini wouldn't have changed them?

You really need to look at the shape of your maf to decide which version to choose

Oval maf - PRORAM RAMAIR Mini Cooper S JCW F56 Induction Kit Air Filter Intake Kit 2.0Turbo | eBay
Rectangle maf -https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRORAM-RAMAIR-Mini-Cooper-S-JCW-F56-Induction-Kit-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-2-0Turbo/274338656850?fits=Car+Make%3AMini%7CPlat_Gen%3AF56&hash=item3fdfdbb252:g:MAwAAOSwEuRemDMD

#6 ·
What month was your car built as some 18 plate cars are LCi and some are pre LCi?
Mine is a pre LCi but has some features from the changeover - toggle switch for driving modes, newer style fuel gauge. LCi models came with these as well as UJ rear lights, newer style badges on bonnet/boot/steering wheel and the same engine cover you have.
I know looking at induction kits there are 2 different maf types - oval and rectangle. I'm not 100% if the mafs are interchangeable but wouldn't have thought so otherwise Mini wouldn't have changed them?

You really need to look at the shape of your maf to decide which version to choose

Oval maf - PRORAM RAMAIR Mini Cooper S JCW F56 Induction Kit Air Filter Intake Kit 2.0Turbo | eBay
Rectangle maf -https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRORAM-RAMAIR-Mini-Cooper-S-JCW-F56-Induction-Kit-Air-Filter-Intake-Kit-2-0Turbo/274338656850?fits=Car+Make%3AMini%7CPlat_Gen%3AF56&hash=item3fdfdbb252:g:MAwAAOSwEuRemDMD

My car is definitely an LCI model because it dies have the new badges, Union Jack lights etc. But I don’t know if the rectangular one would fit either the receiver of my sensor is oval but the back end is rectangular I’ll try and take a picture of it tomorrow. Never thought it would be this difficult to find one to fit 😅 as for the buying a new different shaped sensor I might try and ask someone who works in a garage near me for a bit of advice to see if it would work or not. As you can see from that picture though the receiver is oval but just the hole centres are different

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.