Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All being well with the weather tomorrow I'm going to have my first attempt at detailing and want to make sure I've got things right. The order that I plan doing this, is this.......

Wash and dry the car

Clay it using Chemical Guys - Light Clay (Blue) and auto glym rapid detailer which can be used as clay lubricant.

Do I need to wash the car again at this point or just wipe it down with a micro fibre cloth?

Polish the car using autoglym super resin polish.

Apply a coat of Chemical guys EZ Glaze with Acrylic Shine II

Coat of Chemical guys Blitz Spray Sealant

Finally a coat of Butter Wet Wax

My car is a metallic finish

Have I got this right. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
Sounds good but do you need to polish with the autoglym after claying and before the glaze-unless you have lots of swirls i would think you could miss that stage-a polish takes out imperfections in teh paint but of course removes some- i don't do this till i really feel i have to!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds good but do you need to polish with the autoglym after claying and before the glaze-unless you have lots of swirls i would think you could miss that stage-a polish takes out imperfections in teh paint but of course removes some- i don't do this till i really feel i have to!
I've used Klasse All-in-One, I think it's similar to Autoglym.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.