Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered a new F56 JCW the first week of July and picked it up October 30th. We traded our beloved R56, JCW, affectionately dubbed Jenny Cool Wheels as a part of the deal. It was a sadly joyous event. We hope to learn and share information regarding all things mini.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I picked up a JCW last week. If you're like me you will find it a completely different car than the R56, but still a step up. Happy motoring

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK, 2016 R56 JCW. Rebel Green, Red checkerboard top. 18 Cup wheels, automatic, Dynamic suspension, chrono pack gauges. I have about 1,00 miles on her so far, but the weather has that sidelined for awhile.

Initial impression: This car is awesome and a real performer! Love at first drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I initially was going to order it with a manual transmission, but we took the Miles Ahead driving course at the Indianapolis Speedway earlier this year and they use the F56S with the automatic transmissions. They convinced me that it is a better mouse trap. All of the instructors are Indy car drivers and I sort of bonded with the automatic the second time. The shifts are fast, crisp, and failsafe. I haven't pushed it hard yet as I am following the recommended break in procedure. I have had paddle shifters on several cars before, but never really like them. These are different and this car is a hoot. At speed over 110 mph it seems to be more steady and less D A R T Y (Spell check kept changing it to party.) Than our earlier minis. So far I love the BMW 2.0 power plant. Have any of you really opened one up yet to see how it behaves?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Dang...that car sure looks "Black" in the pics! Love the look! I wish MINI would come up with better looking driving light covers though.....I had to take mine off...they just look cheezy imo. Certainly doesn't take away from the car however!

Welcome to the Forum Dan! Btw, My wife is a Hoosier..I'm from Illinois originally, so I've been to Indy many times!

John

·
Registered
457 Posts
OK, 2016 R56 JCW. Rebel Green, Red checkerboard top. 18 Cup wheels, automatic, Dynamic suspension, chrono pack gauges. I have about 1,00 miles on her so far, but the weather has that sidelined for awhile.

Initial impression: This car is awesome and a real performer! Love at first drive.
Good to see your choice of Rebel Green,even more exclusive than Lapis;).
Contrary to all the rumours about tight Scotsmen I thought it was worth a little bit extra to go for a different colour!

Glad to see another Auto convert as well......it really is great for a torque convertor box (but don't let on to M/T owners ):D.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I can drive better than I can figure out software, so I apologize for any errors and my inability to make this work like a good automobile! Anyone here planning on the MOTD this year? We will be there in the new toy. Also, have any of you tried spray on Goop or similar for protection from dings on mountain roads or the track? Some of the guys I run with have clear bra or other similar products, but I don't really care for them. I saw a video on you tube about using goop to protect it from dings on the track or spirited twisty runs. This car is really too much fun to be street legal.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to see your choice of Rebel Green,even more exclusive than Lapis;).
Contrary to all the rumours about tight Scotsmen I thought it was worth a little bit extra to go for a different colour!

Glad to see another Auto convert as well......it really is great for a torque convertor box (but don't let on to M/T owners ):D.

Enjoy.
Thanks, I was in Scotland for a short time in 1964! Had planned to return in 1972 while I was at Mildenhall RAF, but spent too much time with my buddies at the Red Lion at the main gate of the base and we never made it past the round about!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang...that car sure looks "Black" in the pics! Love the look! I wish MINI would come up with better looking driving light covers though.....I had to take mine off...they just look cheezy imo. Certainly doesn't take away from the car however!

Welcome to the Forum Dan! Btw, My wife is a Hoosier..I'm from Illinois originally, so I've been to Indy many times!

John
Check out the Tarheel site, we are members. It is a great club with some great drives in the Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountain areas. We are participating in the MOTD this year.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks, I was in Scotland for a short time in 1964! Had planned to return in 1972 while I was at Mildenhall RAF, but spent too much time with my buddies at the Red Lion at the main gate of the base and we never made it past the round about!
It's a small world..........I was at RAF Honington in '72 and passed Mildenhall and Lakenheath many times in my original hotrod Minor! then BRG Cooper 'S'

Used to lap up the Drag Racing at Snetterton in those days:crying: It was just like being abroad for me then!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it is a small world we met Aidan Kenny, and his wife, Jan, last year while we were touring on Route 66 at the Blue Swallow Inn, Tucumcari, New Mexico. He is from England and builds dragsters! We all sat outside our bungalows and talked cars for quite a while. The rest of the story about our planned trip to Scotland while at Mildenhall was that we flew a mission on the way over from Alaska and we had 4 days off for R & R. 4 of us rented a car, I don't remember what brand or make and we were going to drive North and tour Scotland. We had a few, well actually quite a few pints and decided to head out, none us had driven on the left side of the road before, or even right hand drive autos! We got to the first round about and almost killed ourselves and a bunch of other drivers and possibly a pedestrian or two. Decided it was in everyone's best interest to pass on the trip and we made it back to the pub and camped out for the duration.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.