Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hardly new to MINI, they have been around for about 3 years.
It's a shame MINI didn't team up with Brompton to make the bikes for them, it's possible to get 2 Brompton's in the boot of a MINI.

Brompton folded 58 x 54 x 27cm.
MINI bike folded 85 x 65 x 30cm.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I could not agree more about the Brompton, extremely well made and very compact. However it is the Bentley of folders; quite pricey. You could buy two bikes for the price of one of a Brompton. I tried out a MINI folder and found it to be great in every way except ride height. I'm tall and it just did not fit perfectly. After some searching I decided on a Tern D8 http://www.ternbicycles.com/ca/bikes/link-d8 it's got a slightly higher seat. Mine came with fenders, carrier and a bag that stores the folded bike allowing you to take it indoors or on transit. It also has 20" wheels that make for a smoother ride.

Oh and just to stay on topic, it fits nicely in the back of my F56
Cheers,
Oost

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Now if only there were a way to get a folding recumbent tadpole trike in there I'd be in MINI heaven. Haven't tried to cram my Greenspeed into the F56 yet, but if it fits I'll be one happy camper.

So what if I need to drive with a pedal stuck in my ear?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh man, I'd love one, but that £430 price tag is painful to look at. Maybe a group buy would secure us a discount? ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I could give a sawed - up old Raleigh for nothing.

·
Registered
234 Posts
hi. may i ask what kind of special deal would you be talking. My wife is very keen on one
thanks
At least your Mrs. is all for one, mine just says "You've just ordered a car, why do you need a bike?!" lol.

Reactions: rybrookf56
1 - 10 of 10 Posts