Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Newbie here. Would like to say a big 'HI' to all my fellow members.

This is my first Mini and so far I am loving it.

I had a question to my fellow mini owners and I was hoping if anyone could help or give any valuable advice.

My F55 seem to be having issues with Wiper fluid especially when the temperature is really cold.

Last week we had it in single digit(F) and in the morning when I tried to use my wipers, the wiper fluid would not come (I could hear wiper motor running though, My car is equipped with the cold weather package). I thought may be the car ran out of wiper fluid, so popped open the hood and started filling with my left over Rainox. Just a few ounces and the filler started to overflow. So no problem with the fluid running out.

Then I thought something must be wrong and drove for 30 mins on my way to work and I tried again and now it started to spray fine.

Anyone else had/have this issue? Could the wiper fluid have frozen (I would think it should not, even my Rainox never froze in those temperatures)?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Since it eventually sprayed out the liquid after you ran for 30 mins, I'd say the water probably froze at the tip of the sprayer.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Not uncommon for ice to sometimes freeze the nozzles. They are heated though so after a few minutes, they should thaw enough to let you use them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.