Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks ive just signed up i need some on advice as ive been considering getting a cooper s f56 im just worried i might have problems with it going up my driveway has anyone got a similar style of driveway or encountered any problems with driveways

heres come pictures of my driveway and my current car a vauxhall astra v line which has side skirts and bigger bumpers look forward to your input thank yous .

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
I agree but to be totally sure take it home for your test drive! If a dealer isn't too far they should oblige. I needed some cash and on my secondd test drive I poped to a speed bank during mine. My first test drive c was unaccompanied ie here are the keys take it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys it was going over the kerb i was worried about ive included a new picture of a better angle of the kerb the astras front bumper is pretty low and theres not much space does anyone know or could they measure the height of the front bumper from the ground and il it compare to the astras

also my nearest dealership is around eight miles away so im not sure if i could bring it my house on a test drive but there is a car hire place in glasgow airport that has minis so i might see how much it will cost to hire one for a few hours cheers .

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
That's only a 16 mile test drive. If they want to sell a car..............

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a driveway like that before. If it were me, I would repave the whole thing. BTW - I really like your Astra. GM products in N. America have gone to really ugly styling. There's nothing available that looks as cool as your car. What engine does it have?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a driveway like that before. If it were me, I would repave the whole thing.
Clearly you don't live in the UK, Stingray82. The pavement here belongs to the Highways Agency, not the homeowner/resident and dealing with the HA is not straightforward. I have just spent 6 months and a huge amount of money getting permission to change a grass verge to tarmac. It doesn't even have kerbstones, like this property. The safety engineers had safety supervisors, for a strip of tarmac the size of a family car. All paid for by yours truly. And if you have trees, (which you don't, steveogt4) it's about a thousand times worse. :|

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Totally nuts this country. Very frustrating in many ways.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
If the dealer will not let you take their demo car home for a test fit. Measure all the highs and lows in your current car then the potential Mini and compare;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow what a confusing hassle for a driveway. Here, it is only the portion of the driveway that falls within the road right-of-way that the City cares about. You can pave it however you want but you have to apply for a $40 permit and it gets checked by staff to make sure it isn't too close to an intersection. It takes about 3 days to get a permit. Dead easy.

BTW - I don't know what a "verge" is.

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Edge of road usually the strip that sepArates the road and path often grass. Same languAge but still different. Love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts