Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I bought my wife a 2017 Cooper S (black with black 17” alloys) with pan roof and steptronic in September last year and after a couple of months she hinted that it was too fast for her and she wanted to swap it for a non ‘s’ version. So on Friday this week we are collecting her 66 plate clubman Cooper. I am so fond of the ‘s’ that I’ve decided to keep it so we will have two min bins come the weekend.
I’ve been driving it around this week and the change brake pads warning light has come on. I normally do this sort of maintenance myself and have bought pads and sensor leads but are there any special tools or tips for changing pads on newish minis?

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
No it is really easy. Undo calliper bolt swing out way pull out old sensor if you're on that side and pop new in after pushing or if rear winding piston back. Hardest thing I find is tracing the sensor back to the connector! Ceratec is recommended over copper ease due the electronics. Search on here on re the warning light procedure.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No it is really easy. Undo calliper bolt swing out way pull out old sensor if you're on that side and pop new in after pushing or if rear winding piston back. Hardest thing I find is tracing the sensor back to the connector! Ceratec is recommended over copper ease due the electronics. Search on here on re the warning light procedure.
I read if the warning has come on and the sensor snapped after replacing pads and sensor you need to get the car re-coded as going through the in car menu procedure doesn't clear it? but if the sensor hasn't snapped you don't need to

·
Super Moderator
6,653 Posts
Mmm sensor snapped-? You'd struggle-it just pulls out with pliers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts