Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've now been the owner of a new F56 for 3 months and the faults are rolling in, month 2 command system locked up and nothing worked, 2 weeks later command system deleted all the memory settings and put everything back to factory settings, now month 3 the 18" wheels have started to corrode from brake dust contamination.
dealership dealt with command problems, but waiting for mini technical to deal with wheel corrosion problem.
Apart from that the car is fantastic

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That is really quite soon for corrosion to be happening. I would go to your dealer. One of my Tentacle alloys needs replacing due to bad spraying .... every single spoke on the inside of the wheel is flaky on one angle. Blantant bad spraying. But as they're my winter alloys I'll worry about the dealer in the Spring once my summer wheels are back on.

In the meantime, are you keeping on top of keeping your wheels clean? Brake dust is so corrosive. Wheels ideally need to be sealed so that the brake dust doesn't adhere to badly.

Hope you get it sorted out though Terry.

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
Gosh they really must be faulty alloys; even diamond turned lacquered wheels shouldnt be corroding that quickly-salt is terrible for them so the winter is bad but..... i've seen people leave brake dust in grained for months on standard silver coated alloys and the wheel still cleans up with a little tlc. Even bare alloy after a kerbing might not be showing corrosion signs after 3 months . Therefore there must be a manufacturing fault and the dealer should be replacing them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.