Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My name is Rick and I have been involved with mini's for many years in my youth, preparing them for racing. Our current Mini is an F55 Cooper S. I will be posting some comments in the forum regarding this car and have been reading the posted items with interest. regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My F55 has developed a water leak on the RH front floor. Quite substantial, do not know if it is a body/windscreen leak yet as it is to go back to the dealer for warranty rectification. Also will have an annoying rattle in the LH front passenger area when seat not occupied. also not happy with the 25,000km oil and filter change interval. I will be getting it changed around 8000km, but not by a mini dealer as they want to charge me $300+. Daylight robbery (and I thought Ned Kelly was dead!) Will also be keeping a sharp eye on the brake pads as my wife and I tend to flog the car when ever possible.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Oil change is v simple diy job little flaps open under the car and there they are! Simple

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeremy. Might have a go myself, although I am getting old (70) and creaky, and the cars are so @##$% low. I must say that the hand book supplied is terrible. it has none of the usual specifications you would expect.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks Jeremy. Might have a go myself, although I am getting old (70) and creaky, and the cars are so @##$% low. I must say that the hand book supplied is terrible. it has none of the usual specifications you would expect.
BMW doesn't want people to work on their cars, evidently. The removal of the dipstick is a sign that they want people as far removed from the inner workings of the cars as possible.

Kind of missing the target, IMHO. To me, "Driving Excitement" is as much about DIY as it is about operating the car in the MINI-approved fashion. If they made the MINI more DIY friendly they'd probably gain quite a cult following of people who actually know what points are, where the throwout bearing is, what a wrist pin does.

But I suspect that most people are numb and could not care less about the mechanical entrails. They just want a nice car. So it all probably makes good marketing sense.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Welcome along, never tried changing the oil for the same reason as you ;) plus my drive is on a slope!

Totally agree dealers are all Ned Kelly's, really glad I have access to a very friendly independent apart from been cheaper I totally trust them :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts