Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a nightmare, reversed onto a big kerb in the dockyard, scraped the underside of my bumper and kerbed an alloy. It was too low for the parking sensors too pick up :(

The bumper damage isn't visible unless you're looking under the car so I'm not too bothered about it aslong as it won't get worse?

Any ideas how much alloy repairs can be done for?

Cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had a nightmare, reversed onto a big kerb in the dockyard, scraped the underside of my bumper and kerbed an alloy. It was too low for the parking sensors too pick up :(

The bumper damage isn't visible unless you're looking under the car so I'm not too bothered about it aslong as it won't get worse?

Any ideas how much alloy repairs can be done for?

Cheers
Got my wheel done for about £45.00 I think.
The local Dent Magician did mine, but I guess you are looking at anything between say £50 to £70 depending who you go to.
It always looks worse than it is, but to the guys that repair them it's just another job.
Shop around and get a couple of quotes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unlucky - don't fret it's done now - just get it patched up and it'll be like it never happened! Yes about £40/£50 is all it takes. (depending on how bad the alloy is I guess)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unlucky - don't fret it's done now - just get it patched up and it'll be like it never happened! Yes about £40/£50 is all it takes. (depending on how bad the alloy is I guess)
It's a few inches long on the outer edge of the alloy where it meets the tyre.

With the bumper, being plastic, is there any harm in leaving it as is? I'll only look into doing something with it if it could erode or something.

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a similar alloy scratch on my MINI Countryman and before I returned it to the dealer I wanted to get it sorted - £45 later and it was literally as good as new - I thought there might have been a slightly rough edge but nope - perfect!

As for the bumper yeah you're right - as I typed my first post I was going to write about rust before I remembered that its plastic! So it should be fine until you decide to do something with it - though I'm no bodywork expert and stand to be corrected by someone more in the know!

Hope your tyre escaped undamaged!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That my friend, is not a nightmare - just a mere hiccup.

Within 3 weeks of ownership I had a rental car side swipe me when he decided he needed to abruptly turn off a side street from a middle lane! Simply didn't see me :(
Panel bodywork, plastic wheel arch covers, refinishing of alloy,new bonnet, and LED headlight to the tune of more than $7000.
I didn't have to pay a penny but I'm sure devaluation will always haunt my gorgeous car.
Chin up and get that repair asap :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts