Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pals,
I'm living in Hungary and we have 100+ octane petrol at most of our petrol stations. Does anyone know the 0-100 kmh and 100-200 kmh acceleration times with the NM power module high settings? I failed to find any information about this. Also I'd be happy if you would share your experiences about using the high settings with proper fuel. Btw does this void the manufacturer warranty on the car?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you have any problem with your engine and if Mini discovers you have a module switch on it, I think you can forget any kind of manufacturer warranty ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the meantime I discovered that after removal its completely undetectable, so ok with the warranty. I'm still really interested about the high settings acceleration times and feedbacks! :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
Are you sure you have 100+ octane at the pump in Hungrary?

It's nore likely you uave 100+ RON which is usally the measurement in EU.

100 RON is equivelent to 95 Octane in US.

No idea what 0-100 is but you can get some rough figures from the power to weight ratio performance guess websites

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Pals,
I'm living in Hungary and we have 100+ octane petrol at most of our petrol stations. Does anyone know the 0-100 kmh and 100-200 kmh acceleration times with the NM power module high settings? I failed to find any information about this. Also I'd be happy if you would share your experiences about using the high settings with proper fuel. Btw does this void the manufacturer warranty on the car?

Thanks!
I think you'll have to log that yourself. Get yourself a bluetooth OBDII scanner and an onboard app. That should help you chart things out. Most 0-60 times are rather approximate as the drivers themselves play a large factor in accomplishing those numbers (of course to a certain level)

Are you sure you have 100+ octane at the pump in Hungrary?

It's nore likely you uave 100+ RON which is usally the measurement in EU.

100 RON is equivelent to 95 Octane in US.

No idea what 0-100 is but you can get some rough figures from the power to weight ratio performance guess websites

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I came here to say that. NM is set for octane ratings based on US octane levels in gas. Be careful and make sure you take into account all conversions for anything you mess with the engine and it's factory settings.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
It will not damage the car or the module if it is set on high with less than 100 octane fuel. However, the performance may be erratic. Realistically, on the low setting with 93 + octane you should realize 20-22 horsepower gain. I have not tried it on high to-date due to the scarcity of 100 octane fuel in the area where we live.

·
Registered
134 Posts
While having a different car dyno'd for mods the operator told me that each 2 octane bump in fuel can give about 5% power increase (from allowing the ignition to be advanced more - you don't get it of the ignition isn't changed). When we ran mine with tunes for 97 & 99 RON it worked out exactly 5% different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I run mine on the high setting, standard premium. All I can say is, it will put a HUGE smile on your face. So far nothing erratic, it just goes and goes!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run mine on the high setting, standard premium. All I can say is, it will put a HUGE smile on your face. So far nothing erratic, it just goes and goes!
Are you in North America? Standard premium being 91 octane or 93? Do you run it often on the high setting? NM suggests it will br ok running on high with 91-93 octane provided there isn't prolonged periods of hard driving...I'm interested to hear the details of how running it on high has worked out for you so far...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, North America, Phoenix area. I've been running it on high for the last 5 fill ups, always buy my premium gas at Costco. I can tell you if I floor it, I get way to much wheel spin. I have a habit now of feathering the gas from a dead stop and then flooring it. What a great feeling. It's way faster than my BMW C650GT bike and nearly as fast as a recent model M3.

All I can say is, try it. It most likely will work very well. I may back it off in the summer, when are temps are over 110.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yep, North America, Phoenix area. I've been running it on high for the last 5 fill ups, always buy my premium gas at Costco. I can tell you if I floor it, I get way to much wheel spin. I have a habit now of feathering the gas from a dead stop and then flooring it. What a great feeling. It's way faster than my BMW C650GT bike and nearly as fast as a recent model M3.

All I can say is, try it. It most likely will work very well. I may back it off in the summer, when are temps are over 110.
What tires do you have on it? I had my JCW dynoed at 270 HP and I don't get any wheel spin unless it is cold. I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+s on it.

·
Registered
90 Posts

The BMW C650GT is a moped right? LOL I am pretty sure I can walk faster off the line than that. All joking aside your mini stock was faster than that by a full second in the 0-60.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, Phoenix area. I buy my premium at Costco and have had the NM on high for last 5 fill ups. In the summer, when are temps are 110 and above, I will probably dial it back. All I can say is, try it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
From everything I saw from all the forums that The NM power module on a F54 JCW should stay on low mode not race mode unless using 100+ race gas. Well I reached out to NM and this is what I got back as we have 93 and race gas is hard to come by. Their response. "Hey there, You can absolutely run the higher setting with that octane! We even recommend running the higher setting to our local customers in CA, who only get 91oct. You should not have any trouble with losing power whatsoever." So switch is changed and waiting to go out later to check it out. WOOOOHOOOOO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts