Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been looking around and noticed the NM short shift adapter and the NM power module. I was just wondering if anyone has done these mods to their f56s and are they worth their respective price of 400 for the power module and 65 for the adapter

Secondly I most likely would not be running 100+ octane mode often.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Hello, I've been looking around and noticed the NM short shift adapter and the NM power module. I was just wondering if anyone has done these mods to their f56s and are they worth their respective price of 400 for the power module and 65 for the adapter

Thanks!
I did the NM shift adapter with the Cravenspeed shifter retaining clip. If you have the tools it's a simple install.;)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts

Thanks!
Do you have an S or a JCW? The module alone will boost the JCW output about 32 horsepower. I don't know what it will boost the S, but it should be very similar. You will gain considerable torque as well. This is with the low setting on the module. If you run high octane 95+ and use the high setting I don't know what it will produce as I haven't tried it yet. With the module on low, JCW pro exhaust open I achieve 269 wheel horsepower and 285 FT. LBS. of torque with a nice flat line peak across the spectrum. With the exhaust closed 260 HP and 269 FT. LBS. of torque. It is a bargain considering the performance gains.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I just had the NM Short Shift Adapter installed last week wow what a difference. It cut down the travel by good 50%. It took me a couple of days to get used to it but I love it. It is like going from a VW Beetle/T1 to a Porsche.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
thanks! mind if I ask how do the shifts feel now? I dont mind the stock shifter but I was wondering how much is it improved! thanks! :)
There's a 30-40% reduction in throw from stock. The big clean up comes with the retaining clip which removes a lot of the left to right movement . With both installed more like 50-55% reduction in throw.;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
How hard was the retaining clip to install?

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
If you want the best option, try the Cravenspeed short shifter instead of the adaptor. You can actually adjust the length of the shifter to suit you. I installed that, along with the retaining clip and Cravenspeed shift knob and could not be happier.
As for the NM Power Module? Get it. Most HP boost for the money. You'll love it.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey all, getting my tuning kit installed in about 10days (Killing me to have to wait). I am jumping between simplicity of the NM and the dynamic ability of the JB4. I haven't tracked ChimChim and likely won't terribly often so I'm wondering if it's worth going JB4 over simple NM? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.