Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered an F54 JCW which was meant to include the new dash as standard. But it seems like the semiconductor shortage is now affecting MINI as well.

The new digital dash is now only available if you order Nav Plus. Cost varies from model to model and a goodwill payment is to be made to customers who have already ordered and don't upgrade to Nav plus.

It seems the refund is £200 / £300 but only if you revert to the standard dials - it's not taken off the Nav Plus cost.

I'm tempted to bite the bullet as I really want the new dash, but it also feels like I'll be paying twice.

I suspect dealers are going to be having some difficult conversations!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ordered an F54 JCW which was meant to include the new dash as standard. But it seems like the semiconductor shortage is now affecting MINI as well.

The new digital dash is now only available if you order Nav Plus. Cost varies from model to model and a goodwill payment is to be made to customers who have already ordered and don't upgrade to Nav plus.

It seems the refund is £200 / £300 but only if you revert to the standard dials - it's not taken off the Nav Plus cost.

I'm tempted to bite the bullet as I really want the new dash, but it also feels like I'll be paying twice.

The digital dash is only available with the nav packages at present, nav & nav plus. mini has knocked off £200 off the base price of the car in lieu of the digital dash. They have then added the £200 to the price of the nav pack, the original price of the nav pack was £900, but is now £1100. you aren't paying twice

·
Registered
236 Posts
see below digital cockpit is included in Nav pack, taken from mini website
Navigation Package £1,100

All options in Nav package
  • MINI Emergency Call
  • Apple CarPlay preparation
  • Digital Cockpit
  • MINI Connected
  • Remote Services
  • Real Time Traffic Information
  • ConnectedDrive Services
  • MINI Navigation System

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. Nav pack is standard on the JCW Clubman and was included in the deal I agreed. I can either go with the standard dials and have a £300 payment, or pay the price I agreed plus £1300 for the Nav plus pack to get the digital dash. I'm not sure how that's not paying twice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you go on the mini configurator its showing a picture of a digital dash on the standard JCW clubman
I think I'll go with what my dealer has told me and the info direct from MINI rather than the configurator which is notoriously slow to be updated! Plenty of other people on Facebook groups in the same situation.

There is no digital dash for cars built from a certain week unless Nav Plus is selected.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

Take a look

Take a look at my thread from 2 months ago, it has the communication attached from Mini to Dealerships about this issue:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take a look

Take a look at my thread from 2 months ago, it has the communication attached from Mini to Dealerships about this issue:
Yeah, I did say that. Things are even worse now with all cars affected, including Clubmans.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Seems like the problem is resolved for now... Just heard on the news that Mini have stopped production!

·
Registered
4 Posts

i picked up my f56 jcw yesterday and on inspection low and behold no digital dash , i went mental with the dealer. He told me about the chip shortage and said you can only get it with the nav plus pack , but they have them in stock what a load of bull anyway i got quite a large refund back.
I waited 12 weeks for my new face lift model and the dealer never mentioned nothing about the dash shortage so they got you by the balls.

They said you can reorder a new and add the £1600 nav plus pack but then they also have harmon and kardon pack shortage now so i will not be able to get that option now
Anyway glad i took the car and a four figure refund sod the digital dash as i also paid for over 7k of extras lets the inside down a bit but the fun is driving this beast , its mental

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to hear about the missing digital dash - not great if you were expecting it. Don't forget it can be retrofitted for far less than you've been refunded, so that at least remains an option.

As my order is from Park Lane (owned by MINI) I hope I get updated about any other missing bits. Comfort access and wireless charging are affected on the 1 series, so I expect they will be the next to go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m getting my new Mini Cooper S on Tuesday from Park lane.

I ordered my car months ago too! However I did it when the Nav pack jumped from £900 to £1100 so assume it’ll definitely be on mine ?!

i picked up my f56 jcw yesterday and on inspection low and behold no digital dash , i went mental with the dealer. He told me about the chip shortage and said you can only get it with the nav plus pack , but they have them in stock what a load of bull anyway i got quite a large refund back.
I waited 12 weeks for my new face lift model and the dealer never mentioned nothing about the dash shortage so they got you by the balls.

They said you can reorder a new and add the £1600 nav plus pack but then they also have harmon and kardon pack shortage now so i will not be able to get that option now
Anyway glad i took the car and a four figure refund sod the digital dash as i also paid for over 7k of extras lets the inside down a bit but the fun is driving this beast , its mental

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m getting my new Mini Cooper S on Tuesday from Park lane.

I ordered my car months ago too! However I did it when the Nav pack jumped from £900 to £1100 so assume it’ll definitely be on mine ?!
i really hope you get it , i must have ordered mine about the same time as you my nav pack was 1100 as well and i spent nearly 7k on extras for my jcw but i never got the digital dash the ONLY wat to definetly get it is to order the nav plus pack for 1600 quid im 100% sure you will not get it but fingers crossed you get it .
let me know how you get on cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your email, I spent nearly £6,000 on extras on mine.

I would want a lot of compensation if it was missing, probably the whole £1,100 back!

Im travelling over an hour to London to get it. I’d be so annoyed too, I’ve sold our car now so can’t really reject it easily

I’m slightly worried now

i really hope you get it , i must have ordered mine about the same time as you my nav pack was 1100 as well and i spent nearly 7k on extras for my jcw but i never got the digital dash the ONLY wat to definetly get it is to order the nav plus pack for 1600 quid im 100% sure you will not get it but fingers crossed you get it .
let me know how you get on cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your email, I spent nearly £6,000 on extras on mine.

I would want a lot of compensation if it was missing, probably the whole £1,100 back!

Im travelling over an hour to London to get it. I’d be so annoyed too, I’ve sold our car now so can’t really reject it easily

I’m slightly worried now
good luck let me know the outcome

1 - 20 of 35 Posts