Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mini Jcw Hardtop
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been told by my dealership that because of the chip shortage any new cars that have been ordered (mine included) will not come with the Harmon kardon system even though I ordered an iconic trim 2022 JCW. Apperently there doing this instead of having to stop production all together.

·
Registered
124 Posts
On no, ive ordered mine with HK & just checked UK configurator & it looks like it has been taken off

·
Registered
2022 Mini Jcw Hardtop
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On no, ive ordered mine with HK & just checked UK configurator & it looks like it has been taken off
Yeah they said they can't put it in but they'll give me a $550 credit off the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive already missed out on the digital dash & now HK. you do wonder what will be next
Sorry to hear this. If it was me I would be cancelling my order as it’s no longer The car you ordered and expected. Not what you probably want to read but after the newness wears off it becomes a compromise of what could have been and it would grind my gears too much !!

·
Registered
24 Posts
so you can not have digital dash with out nav plus , no hk , we want heads up and having to pay for nav plus which we don't want to get it , will heads up be next ? delivery is now stated as October , who contacts you about changes mini or dealer , have had one miss build before don't want another ,is it time to cancel order ? in 2 minds wether to cancel , don't even know if it worth the price , could be time to change brands , just been looking at the one we have and still think they look ugly like an old Morris and having another won't change that

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are saving all the chips for bmw you can have hk with all them , the poor relation loses out again , could be time for a phone call

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Think many manufacturers are in the same boat-or the chips are on them!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Think many manufacturers are in the same boat-or the chips are on them!
I don't think anyone doubts the issue manufacturers are having - it's how they go about it. Going back and amending orders isn't helpful, but surely if they're able to build and plan a car using just-in-time manufacturing, they'd be at least able to figure out what parts are left, and what can go where and then stop accepting orders for a certain feature from a certain date.

Leaving customers disappointed where they're told "We've taken this off, we know you wanted it, but sorry" and not giving anyone an option just leaves a bad taste in customers mouths.

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
they are saving all the chips for bmw you can have hk with all them , the poor relation loses out again , could be time for a phone call
That's not true at all, plEnty of posts on social media from people who have ordered saying the dealers have been in touch and they can't have a variety of options on BMWs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's not true at all, plEnty of posts on social media from people who have ordered saying the dealers have been in touch and they can't have a variety of options on BMWs.
after having one JCW Countryman as a miss build dealer never even told us , seen plenty of people online not found out until they go to pick it up , mini are not a very help full company as we found out the hard way , you can build any bmw with hk , that is why we have canceled ours not willing to take the the chance and for dealer to be stuck with a car , current mini will be my last ever one , had them on and off since 17 am 62 in a couple of months , while thinking of changing have spoke to and met some nice people , some not so nice and 2 dealers never even spoke to me or my wife , so we walked out , will open my money some where else

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Well not what the net is saying. No hk for them either. As for dealers you're right but we prefer our mini dealer to BMW.they're all different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just been told by my dealership that because of the chip shortage any new cars that have been ordered (mine included) will not come with the Harmon kardon system even though I ordered an iconic trim 2022 JCW. Apperently there doing this instead of having to stop production all together.
I have the same problem but im really on the fence whether a JCW without the HK system is worth getting any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Absolutely- a JCW is all about the drive-not the music . Honestly the std system is really not that bad-doesn't go as loud as the HK or quite the image stereo wise-but am very happy without-would never buy again BUT if you spend the £600 in speaker upgrades by searching on here many think you can do better than the HK system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I placed an order for an F60 with HK, Nav Plus and Comfort Plus in March which was originally due to be delivered mid May but has been delayed. I just spoke to the manager at my dealership and he cautiously confirmed that my car has now been built and HK and Digital Dash are showing as being on the vehicle. He said he won't know 100% until it actually leaves the factory but is fairly confident that the car will arrive as ordered. He said he'd also checked another vehicle that was ordered just before mine this morning and that was also showing as having HK installed so hopefully some are still getting through.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts