Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a new 2015 Mini Cooper S with Mini Connect and Visual Boost but have no "Office" icon on the screen. ( No armrest connection) I only have a "Contacts icon in its place!!!!
My Software version is as follows:
Media: MV-010.012.001
Phone: TV-010.012.001
Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Other thing is that there is no voice control on system, but if I Long-Press the voice button I can access Siri.
I also cannot play Videos...even with the hand-break up. Also no message display as the Office folder does not exist!!!

Sadly the instructions are SAD to say the least and onsite has last been updated Jan 2013. I have found the BMW site much more helpful!!!

Please, can anybody help with this?
Thanks
Michel
South Africa

·
Registered
177 Posts
There was a post in November on Media XL vs Visual Boost. Do a forum search and you should find it. It gets a bit sidetracked (they often do!) but you may find it helpful.

Otherwise you need to hope that Profiteroles happens by, and sees your post. He is the techie around these parts!
I think that Visual Boost on its own doesn't support the Office function. The fact that you don't have the Office icon on your screen would seem to bear this out.
But there are differences from market to market, so check with your dealer. The software you have is very much based on your local market, and the exact spec of your car, so I wouldn't be too concerned about having a different software version to others on here.

Here is a link put up a few weeks ago about software updates
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/co...mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html
If you put the last 7 digits of your VIN in, it should tell you if there are updates. I got as far as checking my VIN, and discovered there was a software update, and that this site is obviously valid for Minis too, but haven't got around to installing the update yet. So this does not constitute tried and tested advice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for the quick info! I have tried the site and there are no updates for me, sadly! I did not understand the whole ordering thing when I ordered the car as the "Build your mini" site was down at the stage. Would have loved the "office" part but can live without it. I had voice control on the system but I think I lost that after using my iphone. I cannot tell for sure as I drove a mini demo just before mine so I might be confused.

Regards
M

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would hope that they would release a brand new car with the latest updates (mine was bought in July) so at least you can be sure it isn't a software issue.
This is a really helpful forum, so I am sure that people with Visual Boost will help you out if they can...I have Media XL so can't, unfortunately.
Have you downloaded the Mini Drivers Guide from iTunes? You mention Siri so you have an Apple device. It gives you the option to tailor the guide to your VIN, and I think that it only shows the information relevant to your own car ( I can't be sure though, as I went for all the options, so it may not be as clever as that!). I found that very helpful when the dealer was not....but then I did order mine before there were very many on the roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Checked the ipad app. No mention of the Office tab. This is really devastating. I really badly wanted this car with the correct speck!! Seems I have missed something and apparently it cannot be added aftermarket. Sad.... I am a tecno junky and drove the demo with all the bells and whistles...and wanted mine to be the same ...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can confirm i have office on my visual boost system. Could be a country setting, im uk
Now that's interesting HAT as I don't have the Office Icon on my visual boost system and I know I have the latest version of the software (and I'm in the UK).

Do you need to have an iPad/iphone connected for the office icon to appear?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nope the icon is always present. I can receive texts via bluetooth without a wired connection. Do you have extended bluetooth or basic?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nope the icon is always present. I can receive texts via bluetooth without a wired connection. Do you have extended bluetooth or basic?
To be honest, I have no idea - I think it's basic, although I do get BT for audio and voice - would that still be basic?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts