Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says , I do feel I have to stand up for the Mini a little as there are people who have sadly had issues one way or another, but ive had mine now for over a year and a half and honestly not even a hiccup with anything.. I love it now just the same as when I first drove it away and believe me I can be fussy... surely there must be others who feel the same.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I owned my 1st Mini a Gen 2 R53 MCS in 2009 bought as a cherished mini, and fell in love with it, apart from the HK speakers that were replaced under warranty, it was faultless! and a maniac on the bends

and after a spell in a 2007 Fiesta ST which was decent enough, I then bought a brand new R56 MCS
again fell in love, a bit more refined than the R53 but a bit less gokart!:(
but a real nice drive

had it for 3 years then sold it to fund house purchase and had a focus ST which was a monster to drive,
but due to several high costing part replacements, decided new was the way to go, and although I was tempted to get a new ST just didn't see the refinements/deals for one,

and now have been in my F56s for exactly one week, apart from the frustration of not being able to completely floor it I am in love again, what a car, they do just keep getting better n better, im looking forward to the next three years driving it, before finally getting my hands on a JCW and frankly if I can only afford the wheels and carcass and have to use tea chests as seats then so be it >:D

you will always get faults problems in all walks of life, its generally how they are dealt with that matters, and I guess some dealers just don't care enough about the brand,

but I have always been happy with how mini has treated me,

I love minis like I love PCs they both are limitless when it comes to mixing them up and theres always new bits to add,

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
My car is faultless as a car! Love it and 3 months on its still feels like my very first drive.

I have concerns over the quality of the paint and Mini (so far) are being fair in getting me sorted. But other than that I love it.

Not a single issue, and I've customised it enough to stand out from other black Coopers, as I like to be a little different!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
My 3 Banger has been faultless besides the Recall for the side impact foam my Mini has seen the dealer twice for an oil change. Mini of Tempe has been treating me great and never had any issues with them regarding my concerns. What more can I ask for.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Same, no problems whatsoever. My MCS has been rock solid in the year I've had her.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I always say it's the dealers responsibility to ensure faults don't become problems. In the year of F55 ownership we haven't had any problems. Sure we have had one major fault, which resulted in an exchange, but that was never at a problem at any stage. The dealer and Mini have been fantastic and my replacement had been fault free (so far).

I can't remember the last car I have owned that didn't have faults, but my choice of brands and dealers ensures this is all they are faults, not problems.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
After 7 MINIs, some had more issues than others, none perfect!

But in my book if you have a issue its how the issue is resolved that makes the difference!

Only had the F56 since November but looking to try the new Countryman when out with the intention of changing the wife's Countryman...

I say MINI on and enjoy the adventure :D

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Wonderful car. Paint rub only here, 50p piece of film total cure. Seat recall although there was nothing wrong with the seats as far as I can see. Wearing really well after 11500 miles. Love every minute in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.