Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sold my Audi TT Convertible, gone to the new owners and all I can do is now wait until my new Mini arrives in September!

Going to be a very long wait! Having said that I ordered on the 1st May and it has been almost four weeks and that has flown!!

Can't wait!!! Must remind myself not to camp out at Mini for the next 3 months!!!:eek:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was thinking of things mini could do to help us pass the time...

They could sell us a plastic model for us to assemble and paint... see if we can create our car before the factory does.

Or how about a four month advent calendar? Hopefully we'll still fit in the seats after all that chocolate :)

My old car is in for MOT tomorrow... I have a buyer interested at work, so both he and I will have our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What made you move from a TT convertible to the F56? Not tempted to wait for the new TT? Im selling my 7 yo MX-5 & it was a tough decision to go back to a tin top

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What made you move from a TT convertible to the F56? Not tempted to wait for the new TT? Im selling my 7 yo MX-5 & it was a tough decision to go back to a tin top
Hat, it was the second convertible I've owned and I've had my fun now. It was a great car - even though expensive to run being a 4 by 4 - and I just wanted something a little different and I fell in love with the style of the Mini. If I'm honest and this is only going on 1 test drive, it was so much more fun to drive than the TT and more up to date!!

I did go for the electric sunroof as the only pay off but I know I won't regret it. Managed to sell it in work too at a good price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've traded in my 2007, 2 ltr MX5 sport with all the whistles & bells for a Cooper on the 14th April and part of the deal was that they got the MX5 straight away, since then the sun ain't stopped shining, TYPICAL,:crying: so now I'm waiting & waiting for the build date. Reason for the swap, misses, 2 grandsons, shopping, or combinations of the 3 wouldn't fit into the MX5. :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funnily enough DaveT we agreed a sale a week ago, had 3 days of sun and when they collected the car on Monday it has been raining ever since. Hope they get some nice weather soon!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had similar feelings, i had 7 years fun in the mx but the fuel consumption and tax are biting now. Plus like you say the mini feels so much more modern in comparison. My concession was also the sun roof! I had two coopers prior to the mx so its a return to the fold for me

Mine is also the 2lt sport r/c

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually preferred the Cooper and have max'd the options out to a ridiculous level!!! I still have another 10 weeks to wait though!

Tax was £230 a year and I was lucky if I got 22mpg!! I should see a difference!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts