Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So in January I decided to join the Mini family and so far, I'm in love. BUT there is a question that I have for you all... I'm hoping I'm not alone here...

Since I bought my car a few months ago I park it in the underground garage at my apartment building (which is super quiet) and I've noticed that every time I walk up to my car and unlock it, I hear some humming, buzzing, and a super faint beep noise. Now I'm not really concerned that this is a 'problem' but my curiosity has been eating at me and I figure there's no way I can be the only one who has noticed this. Does anyone know what these mystery noises are?! If it makes a difference - they are more noticeable when the car is left alone for long periods of time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
A while back somebody asked about this, and a reply posited that the fuel system was pre-pressurizing. Apparently the noise was isolated to the vicinity of the high-pressure fuel pump.

No idea if this is actually the case, however.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My R56 does the same thing. I always figured he was just happy to see me :D.

Annette

Reactions: kenl

·
Registered
505 Posts
You should hear mine... fans whirring, pumps buzzing, doors unlocking, and since it wakes up the electronics, my radar detecor wakes up too and starts it's noisy self test. It's.... aliiiiiive

·
Registered
508 Posts
Isn't it a little Van Der Graaf generator building up a charge so that it can give you a decent static shock when you touch the car?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's the electronics turning on, the fuel pump getting ready, etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts