Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So in January I decided to join the Mini family and so far, I'm in love. BUT there is a question that I have for you all... I'm hoping I'm not alone here...

Since I bought my car a few months ago I park it in the underground garage at my apartment building (which is super quiet) and I've noticed that every time I walk up to my car and unlock it, I hear some humming, buzzing, and a super faint beep noise. Now I'm not really concerned that this is a 'problem' but my curiosity has been eating at me and I figure there's no way I can be the only one who has noticed this. Does anyone know what these mystery noises are?! If it makes a difference - they are more noticeable when the car is left alone for long periods of time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
A while back somebody asked about this, and a reply posited that the fuel system was pre-pressurizing. Apparently the noise was isolated to the vicinity of the high-pressure fuel pump.

No idea if this is actually the case, however.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My R56 does the same thing. I always figured he was just happy to see me :D.

Annette

Reactions: kenl

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's the electronics turning on, the fuel pump getting ready, etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.