Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a loaner non-S F56 hardtop while my S is in the shop being fixed. Although it gets up and moves ok it has a nasty vibration. Any non-S owners out there experience this? I just want my S back haha.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Vibration when idling? I haven't noticed that on mine, but I guess the loaner has done more miles...

I did discover that driving over a cattle grid too quickly confuses the ABS :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This loaner has about 1100 miles on it. I'm pleasantly surprised that it gets up and moves pretty good for itself. :) When at idle or just releasing the brake to start to go, it seems have a bit of a vibration, maybe it's just the loaner though. If you have a 6-speed manual it might be different as well, this one I'm using is an automatic.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Haven't noticed undue vibration on my Cooper, now at nearly 2000 miles. The three cylinder engine has a balancer shaft to prevent its inherent imbalance from being an issue.

I really like the sound of the three pot while accelerating, the off-beat thrum reminds me of other more powerful exotic cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't noticed undue vibration on my Cooper, now at nearly 2000 miles. The three cylinder engine has a balancer shaft to prevent its inherent imbalance from being an issue.

I really like the sound of the three pot while accelerating, the off-beat thrum reminds me of other more powerful exotic cars.
I like the turbo noise on the 3 cylinder more than the 2.0 actually. It has a mini blow off valve type sound on the upshifts. You need the windows down to hear it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts