Mini Cooper Forum banner

Not enough color options for seats for the 56

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pjsjr13 
#1 ·
How do you feel about get more color options for the seats on the 56? I would like to see like a red or at least a red/black combo to spice it up a little. Red seats would look awesome with some of the darker colors like the grey or even a cognac/tan or or..... also it would be nice if you could order the JCW Seats on the MC/MCS . Any thoughts on lighten up the interior colors a little? Sure you can go after market but why not have options direct from the factory that way I know it is done right.

#2 ·
I think it would be great to have a variety of colours, I'm surprised there isn't considering how they like to say how customisable the car is! I really like some of the interiors that MINI Individual in the Netherlands have done, although I think something like that should be available from the factory - I've never been one to modify my car to that extent.

Reactions: Evlkarl
#4 ·
I sure hope so. When you look at the R56 they had some pretty good color options. I am not a big fan on some of the packages but I would spend some $$$ for some nice seat color combos. Did you read this BMW? A tight German wants to open his wallet.:D:D

#5 · (Edited)
In my opinion, the JCW sport seats should only be available in the JCW's. Probably in the minority on this, but we pay premium prices for the top model, so "some" exclusivity is warranted I believe.

That being said, I agree there should be more materials & colors to choose from. One classic look is a black car with red interior...that really pops! But, is it marketable?

Ever see a 1957 or 1959 Corvette in Black with Silver side coves & full Red interior?...absolutely gorgeous!

Manufacturers tend to go with the most broadly marketable options.

#8 ·
Only the racing flag style cloth is available in non JCW. The seat design is different. Think about what BMW does with their own line. You can get an M sport package on most of their line. But you cannot get the power plant/full monte unless you get the M series. Agree to disagree;)

#6 ·
02 I do agree with you some what.:D I would be nice if Mini would offer a seat that is an upgrade over the seats we have now for people that want something different in there Base or MCS they do not have to be exactly the same from the JCW.

#10 ·
We really struggled with colour choice if Im honest why BMW don't offer their own tailored Individual programme similar to M I'm not sure, But I suppose what people would want to pay for paint colour option aint going to draw the £3k BMW M charge I suppose , but would be great statement cars for mini for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.