Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I pushed the dealership fairly hard for the best price on my new MCS and for the part exchange price. It now seems that whenever I speak to them that they really can't be bothered talking to me! Yesterday I asked them to clarify the finance quite as was not sure if i wanted to take over 24 months or 30 months, my impression was they would do it as a favour when they got round to it!

I have honestly only spoken to them about 4 times from my initial call to them and I can only think it is because they offered such a good price. At the end of the day they could have said no but the customer service is really spoiling my wait for the car.

Rant over!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I feel your pain. And it's very frustrating.

I've had dealings with several MINI franchises this year and I can honestly say that not one of them has provided a service I would class as acceptable.

I got so frustrated in the end I emailed to the CEO of BMW directly to tell him of the awful service across the board.

Only last week, I made an enquiry about trading in my F56 for a new JCW. Have I heard anything back from the dealer? No! And that was on a £32k car!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Name and shame is all I can say.

I've had nothing but superb service from MINI (Scotthall Soton and Chandlers Hailsham) on both of our JCW purchases. All sales and service calls have be dealt with quickly and with the great "MINI way".
I have not had better service from Audi, despite the fact that I have bought some of their most expensive cars (but to be frank, that shouldn't matter). The only people that have come close to the service I have received from MINI has been Porsche...

Giving a sales person a hard time over price should in no way influence their handling of you, insisting you need the moon on a stick and being an a**e about it probably will (not implying you have obviously, but I've seen it happen in Audi dealerships a few times!!)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did push them hard on price but only to match what another dealer had already quoted and asked them to throw in roof bars which they did. They could have said no but since order has been placed I have called twice to know if they have any dates to share and once to ask about finance. Each time they have said they will call me back and never have, now resorted to email as they do eventually reply but about two days later. Guess it just depends on dealership as when I purchased by last car (Audi) they could not be more friendly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same experience here. The customer service varies by different dealers. I recently travelled to Sytner High Wycombe to look and test drive a cooper s from Brighton. Initial contact over the phone was good and a promise that they will match the part exchange price. I tried to push for a small reduction to no avail. When i rang them the next day to confirm my intention to buy the car, i was told to take some photos of my car and email the photos to them. I mentioned a couple of times that my car was there at the time i test drove. The guy didn't even go and looked at the car.
when he eventually got back to me on the part exchange, he offered me £1500 lessthan what I told I would get.
I told him what I thought of the customer service and that I will take my complaint to their hq.
i since then bought a new car from my local dealer which is miles better and managed to get some good discount too. Can't wait for the delivery of the car which is due sometime next week.

·
Registered
91 Posts
go see another dealer if you are unhappy

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
I agree here in the uk we have quite a few dealers so we can shop around. Who did you use deonair? I've found sytner Nottingham, Matt in particular in sales and the service team Jack and Steve make me feel like royalty. Soper lincoln great too. Whatever you pay should not affect the service you receive.threaten to take your business elsewhere. However offering less for a px is what dealers do. You need to be ready for that. I did my research and was prepared to not buy if they didn't offer me what I wanted.

I received a call or email nearly every week while waiting for mine from sytner Nottingham.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree here in the uk we have quite a few dealers so we can shop around. Who did you use deonair? I've found sytner Nottingham, Matt in particular in sales and the service team Jack and Steve make me feel like royalty. Soper lincoln great too. Whatever you pay should not affect the service you receive.threaten to take your business elsewhere. However offering less for a px is what dealers do. You need to be ready for that. I did my research and was prepared to not buy if they didn't offer me what I wanted.

I received a call or email nearly every week while waiting for mine from sytner Nottingham.
My bad experiences in the main aren't with local dealers, although I had did receive appalling service from the sales team at Sytner Nottingham a couple of years ago and I haven't been near them since. The service team there however are excellent.

All my problems came this year when buying Approved Used cars, so I've had to travel to various parts of the country and didn't have the option to go to another dealer as they were the ones who had the cars I wanted. Halliwell Jones Chester, Cooper Sunderland, Sytner Birmingham have all given me unbelievably bad service. And when I say bad I mean bad. So much so that the CEO of BMW wrote to me personally and I was given quite a hefty amount of compensation from BMW. Even after that the service didn't improve!

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Poor you. Someone needs a kick up the!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Zobware

I take it you've been talking to Arden mini? If so best speak to Jaimi there who's the manager. I managed to sort out my new cooper s with her.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts

It is amazing the difference in service some people can get.
My experience of Sytner was dreadful. I didn't speak to Matt but another salesman (not giving his name) after being passed around.
My sister has bought 4-5 Mini's from Sytner and Matt in particular.
She never had an issue, but she also didn't haggle on price.

Stratstone in Derby were the complete opposite.
I had 2 people waiting for me this morning on collection and the Manager had a quick chat as well.
Very friendly and can't do enough to help.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
That's good then; decent service! it does make a difference; we intended buying a range rover evoque; popped in to marshall's lincoln and were ignored for 45 mins -poking and prodding the car around-no one even lifted a finger or eye to speak(and there were two playing on computers!). After a family walked in and got instant service we gave up walked out and bought a mini roadster instead-bit of difference i know but we'd never buy from marshalls !

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I imagine they just don't care.... they MAY lose your custom but there are plenty other customers coming behind you. Such is the extent of MINI desirability/loyalty. Many dealers are relying on the success of the brand, not their performance as a seller.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Agreed kenl and Donna. My wife's Roadster; and yes it really is a fabulous car; been let out to work in it this am and i didnt think i missed the power of the s but wow it gave me a surprise!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts