Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i get a new text message on my iPhone, the sound on my iPhone comes through my speakers in the car and a notification icon on my screen.
Great, but sometimes the sound is very quiet or non at all.
Cant work out if its the sound level on my phone corresponds with the sound in my car...
Tonight i just glanced at the screen in my car and noticed the text message icon was there, i didnt hear any sound notification at all come through my speakers (listening to radio at normal sound levels), the phone was in my pocket with the sound turned right up.
Sometimes the text messgae tone comes through realy loud through the speakers and thats great... But not all the time ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Which iPhone model?
Connected via bluetooth or cable?

I can't get any messages to show (text or email).
Using iPhone 6 with Wired Package.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Here's a question: what source are you listening to when you do hear the notifications? Bluetooth Audio or the radio?

I ask because on mine, I get notification sounds coming through, but only when I'm listening to BT Audio.

ssumner - Try updating your software to the latest version (both on the iPhone and through visual boost. I just updated my Countryman and started getting text notifications and my understanding is that the latest software for F56s should add the same.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/co...mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html

Reactions: jay524

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ssumner you need to have your iphone notification settings for messages set to:
Allow notifications
Show on lock screen
Alert style set to banners

You only get notifications of new messages received since the start of your journey

I dont think ive ever heard a notification sound when a text comes in but im normally listening via usb or spotify on connected

1 - 6 of 6 Posts