Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the number plate lights LED as standard?

If not, has anyone upgraded their lights to LED successfully?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yep, as above, they are a nice bright white/blue LED and look ace. This was gonna be one of my first mods if not so was nice that they come this way from standard! I have the LED headlights so not sure if you still get LED plate lights if you just have the halogen headlights?
Great stuff, saves me a job!

I've got the LED headlights too, so should be the same.
I have the standard halogen headlights and I do have LED license plate lights, something which I changed on my R56 so was happy they came as standard on the F56.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why on Earth would anyone worry about or want to change the wee lights that light up the rear number plate? The mind (or at least my mind) boggles!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why on Earth would anyone worry about or want to change the wee lights that light up the rear number plate? The mind (or at least my mind) boggles!
that post makes you sound so old by the way. Maybe because the LED lights are more modern, its a brighter whiter light, matches the headlights and taillights and I could go on.

The "mind boggles" why some people bother to post such unhelpful and trolling posts!

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
To be fair fair, I don't think was trolling at all. Some people just don't do /want to do little mods like this to their cars and cant see the point. I changed all the internal lights in my Focus ST to red LED's and put LED's in the boot as the old fashioned bulb was as bright as coal....

·
Registered
966 Posts

If I can dig them out, I've got pics of my golf gti before/after I did this mod. The standard lights were yellow and dim, like having a couple of birthday candles. The leds were a huge improvement, and freshened it up.

The funny thing is I couldn't have answered the OPs question, and I went outside last night to double check.

So anyway, where are you buying your pipe and slippers these days?;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts