Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have a Mini Cooper F56 2019 I want to buy OBD for my car, I saw that there are many models, I wanted to ask some questions what is the difference between each of them? What would you most recommend from the list? And does everyone support all the options available. I'm talking about the BIMMERCODE company
UniCarScan UCSI-2000 Bluetooth
OBDLink CX Bluetooth
OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth
OBDLink LX Bluetooth
OBDLink SX
OBDLink EX
modBMW ENET Wi-Fi
MHD ENET Wi-Fi
BMDiag ENET Wi-Fi
ENET cable + Ethernet adapter
vLinker BM Bluetooth
vLinker BM+ Bluetooth
vLinker MC Bluetooth
vLinker MC Wi-Fi
vLinker MC+ Bluetooth
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ Bluetooth

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bought an ENET cable with an Ethernet to (iPhone) lightning adapter. Better to do coding through regular old copper than by possibly disconnecting Bluetooth things. And you can use the same cable with your laptop running E-Sys

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
533 Posts
I have the OBDLinkMX+

DON'T get the LX.

The CX is designed specifically for Bimmercode, but the MX is more featured - which is useful if you need to do anything with other brands.

They have their own software, which is required to get the regular firmware updates. But it will also work with most apps available, including Bimmercode, Bimmerlink, Carista, and Torque Pro.

Their customer service is excellent too...

I had originally purchased the MX. I recently found out that the MX+ allowed access to all the vehicle specific stuff without buying each model and model year individually.

I enquired whether there was any way to activate this on my MX - no was the answer - but...

They have a THREE YEAR warranty!!!!! They asked for my receipt - and DESPITE the fact I was a couple of months OUTSIDE the warranty, they just sent me an MX+ gratis. I didn't even ask for this, they just sent it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts