Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen this before... This was upon ignition start this morning, after driving about half a mile it corrected itself. I thought I'd have an extra mile and a bit then!

If you're not sure what you're looking at then my trip read out is more miles than my actual overall mileage. :eek:

·
Registered
646 Posts
You're just showing off with possibly the lowest mileage Mini on here :p

Seriously though that is odd. Given your F56 history, I hope it's the worst problem you have with this car!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're just showing off with possibly the lowest mileage Mini on here :p

Seriously though that is odd. Given your F56 history, I hope it's the worst problem you have with this car!
Yeah haha pretty weird, its fixed itself now though so fingers crossed eh.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Brandon,

I'm not sure what you mean...are you talking about the difference in the two mileage numbers on the bottom? 137 vs. 138.1?

John

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brandon,

I'm not sure what you mean...are you talking about the difference in the two mileage numbers on the bottom? 137 vs. 138.1?

John
Yes, he is. It's saying his current trip is 138.1 however his cars lifetime total is 137!
I have the same glitch, miles are 104, but the trip is 105(something)
Exactly what Ben said... Weird that Chris, has yours got it Ben or have you reset the trip since pick-up? I would imagine you'd probably put a second tank of fuel and reset by now?

Seems new cars have it? Can't really see a mile being an issue like! Can't say I ever noticed this on my Cooper D.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Exactly what Ben said... Weird that Chris, has yours got it Ben or have you reset the trip since pick-up? I would imagine you'd probably put a second tank of fuel and reset by now?

Seems new cars have it? Can't really see a mile being an issue like! Can't say I ever noticed this on my Cooper D.
I haven't reset mine but will have a look in a minute and report back. I'm going to reset everything at 500 miles as I think that's just about enough gentle driving on these new engines. Then I'll get a better idea of MPG as well on my actual driving style.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't reset mine but will have a look in a minute and report back. I'm going to reset everything at 500 miles as I think that's just about enough gentle driving on these new engines. Then I'll get a better idea of MPG as well on my actual driving style.
Yeah I don't wanna talk about fuel economy right now, mine is still below 30mpg... BUT I can't complain I've a much faster car than my previous Cooper D! :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mine's OK. 393 miles done overall and 387 on the trip, which is right as I picked it up on 6.8 delivery miles I think!

Will keep an eye on it though.

As for fuel economy, mine is now 37.8mpg and increasing almost every time I get in the car. I'd like to be achieving above 40mpg consistently to be honest, I was getting that on my 2004 Cooper!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine's OK. 393 miles done overall and 387 on the trip, which is right as I picked it up on 6.8 delivery miles I think!

Will keep an eye on it though.

As for fuel economy, mine is now 37.8mpg and increasing almost every time I get in the car. I'd like to be achieving above 40mpg consistently to be honest, I was getting that on my 2004 Cooper!
Ah so you'd reset before driving off?

As if you used to get 40mpg from a Cooper, I had a 2010 Cooper from September 2014 to March 2015 and I changed to my Cooper D because I couldn't get over 20mpg! You must have the magic touch. However I did average 55mpg in my Cooper D so I'm hoping this new one will get to at least an average of 40 or I will actually cry.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ah so you'd reset before driving off?

As if you used to get 40mpg from a Cooper, I had a 2010 Cooper from September 2014 to March 2015 and I changed to my Cooper D because I couldn't get over 20mpg! You must have the magic touch. However I did average 55mpg in my Cooper D so I'm hoping this new one will get to at least an average of 40 or I will actually cry.
Ah yes of course. Oli did that in showing me the controls of the new car. Dammit I'll never know!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I haven't reset my odometer either, but all I know is my JCW had 6 miles on it when I picked up the car at the dealer, and the difference between the two has been consistently 6 miles difference. The odometer was reset at the dealer obviously before I picked it up (it read "0"). I'm still under 500 miles too (since July 1 delivery...LOL!)

John

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't reset my odometer either, but all I know is my JCW had 6 miles on it when I picked up the car at the dealer, and the difference between the two has been consistently 6 miles difference. The odometer was reset at the dealer obviously before I picked it up (it read "0"). I'm still under 500 miles too (since July 1 delivery...LOL!)

John
Do you not drive it!? :eek:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Do you not drive it!? :eek:
LOL! I sure do, but not as much as I'd like. My 234,000 mile Jeep does daily duty...and I don't worry about where I park it! With time, I'll get braver driving the MINI around more. It's not my primary car. My wife's Jeep is the usual go anywhere vehicle.

I will say that what I've read is apparently true, that the more miles put on the MINI the better it feels and drives. The clutch is getting better too (or I'm just getting used to it). HK Sound System is getting better as well. It's all about break-in I suppose! :)

John

Reactions: brandonbardsley
1 - 18 of 18 Posts