Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will going to the Dealer tomorrow. My window regulator had a mind of its own and decided to just move enough to scratch the driver side window after I rolled the window up/down a couple of time. On closer inspection I could see that corner of the window in the down position sticking out .5 cm all the way rolled down and scratched the glass in the rear. No rattles or funny noises at all. Looks like I might need a new regulator new glass for sure and than it needs to be tinted. Hope my Dealer got a Cooper S for a Loaner.:)

Sorry not the best pictures with the reflections but you get the picture.:D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Man that sucks. Where was it sticking up in the rolled down position?
On mine the window seals scuff up the window tint on the inside in the same spot. It's from the Windows moving up and down from opening the doors since the scuff is the exact size the window moves down.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DR, when you look at the window from the inside rolled down the upper right corner was sticking out towards the A Pillar. Had my Mini back exactly 1 week before it will go into the shop.:(

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
That sucks...hope it's an easy fix for you.

John

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John, you know how it is .... most likely they have to order the window and regulator and than get the tint men to do the window so I figure it will be Friday before I get the car back.:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from the Dealer it looked like something got stuck in there ( like a rubber piece maybe gum) anyway there pulled the car to the back and polished it all out checked the regulator/window tracking all is fine and at no charge too me. Still ended up spending $ 194.00 at the Dealer because I had to order a spare key for the R56. :(:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts