Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for information:

I am aware that some Minis have had problems with cracked oil filter housings and consequent dramatic oil loss, but as I had heard nothing from Mini I assumed my Cooper May 2014, was not involved.

On another matter I went into my dealership today and the service advisor scanned the key fob as usual, gave me the 3 page print out without going over it other than to confirm when my first service was due, and I went on my way.

Arriving home I read it in more detail and at the bottom of the third page is a section "technical campaigns", with an "open" "special defect code 10011610300", "replace oil filter module".

I rang the advisor and the reply was "Oh sorry, I missed that. Yes it is a recall, and we will get that done for you, when can you bring it in?"

It is booked in for next week.

All too casual for my liking, really.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm a bit peeved at the fact they don't contact us!!!Why are they waiting for us to find out via a third party and contact them, in the meantime risking breakdowns/engines!! Argh!

Reactions: johnan

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how long the info had been "on the key fob", if you know what I mean, without any action being taken by them.
Could have been a day or two, or more likely weeks, and still no action.

My last research into this oil filter housing issue indicated that the Cooper was not affected, but obviously I was wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.