Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last couple of mornings I have tried to do an oil level check, it gets to about 17% and then stops and reminds me to park on level ground etc. I am in exactly to same place as I have always been over 6 years, right down to the same parking bay. Anybody have any idea what is up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No idea! Maybe go for a drive to get it warm and try it somewhere else flat? Your MINI's get bored of doing it in the same place! :D
No idea! Maybe go for a drive to get it warm and try it somewhere else flat? Your MINI's get bored of doing it in the same place! :D
Take it out for a ride. Even if the temperature is in the OK range it needs to be at a normal operating range. 10 Min drive should do it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the car since new 06/14 and 140K on the clock. I normally check the level at least once a fortnight after a 50 mile trip to work and never had a problem until recently. I have done the check near home and it did work once outside the house and there is no way it is flat there. I am not overly worried about the level being low as the car has not used a drop of oil between oil changes in all that time. I am just a bit perplexed that it is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts