Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the oil level today. Ran the electronic check, at the end showed a green vertical line with a black hohorizontal bar just slightly above an estemated third. Checked the manual for how much to add: " only add engine oil when the message is displayed in the instrument cluster".

Do i get a message to add oil or do i put some in now and how much is safe to add?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Never had it in my mini but my BMW had the same system, That told you when to add oil and only when it wanted a litre top up.

From the top of the bar to the bottom is a litre so if you wanted to add any before it asks its pretty easy to work out how much to put in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had it in my mini but my BMW had the same system, That told you when to add oil and only when it wanted a litre top up.

From the top of the bar to the bottom is a litre so if you wanted to add any before it asks its pretty easy to work out how much to put in.
Ok BigDave, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You just need to remember to run the check oil level again after you have topped up or it won't register and will scream at you to top up again.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I'd definitely top up before it asks you to. I like mine on full!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts