Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Tiring :sleep:
Drove the 1st 100 miles or so playing with the pro exhaust button as i couldn't get it to open, stopped at a services, switched car off and back on and it started working? worked ever since - weird - worked at dealers as he showed it opening
That’s weird......at least it started working again though. Mine had the dreaded Bluetooth issue, but was sorted under warranty with a new control module.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That’s weird......at least it started working again though. Mine had the dreaded Bluetooth issue, but was sorted under warranty with a new control module.
Yep, fine since (3 months) - replaced battery a couple of weeks ago as it was playing up and perfect since

·
Registered
346 Posts
After visiting the service link in the other thread, I see that an oil service is only £109. Looks like they gave me the oil and micro filter service. Gonna check in the morning though.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think they did mention a filter, but I just assumed they were taking about the oil filter.

·
Super Moderator
6,876 Posts
Having looked at prices on the mini website I feel more charitable to our local dealer Sopers. By far the cheapest in the area. Will stick with them I feel.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After visiting the service link in the other thread, I see that an oil service is only £109. Looks like they gave me the oil and micro filter service. Gonna check in the morning though.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think they did mention a filter, but I just assumed they were taking about the oil filter.
Blimey you got a good deal at £109 - my dealer charges £184.77 + £25.20 for the standard scope (update service history) just for the oil service no microfilter :(

Booked in for tommorow so hope all goes ok

·
Registered
346 Posts
Blimey you got a good deal at £109 - my dealer charges £184.77 + £25.20 for the standard scope (update service history) just for the oil service no microfilter :(

Booked in for tommorow so hope all goes ok
Sorry......they price matched to £165 after quoting me over £190 but, looking at that link, I saw the oil service price of £109 and wondered why they charged me so much. I then spotted the oil and micro filter service and realised that was the one they must’ve done. I remember they mentioned a filter but just assumed they were taking about the oil filter.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks @Robby Vrs for the link to the service booking site in the other thread.

I’ve just got back from the dealers and it seems that the £190 I was quoted in October was for the oil and micro filter service plus standard scope. The scope was included with my TLC service and I didn’t need (or get) a micro filter.

As I said, they did price match down to £163 (just got the exact figure off their system) but, as it turns out, that was still around £54 more than I should’ve paid for the standard oil service.

Anyway......their MOT price is £55, so they’re going to waive the fee for my next MOT, meaning I did indeed technically get the oil service for around £108.

Human error at the end of the day, but they’ve rectified it to my satisfaction and that’s what counts. :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I booked via a link on the Mini site but each dealer has their own prices - you must be lucky with yours

I spoke to the dealer today who said the oil service is for older cars and i need the microfilter as well (extra £90) - told them i can get a genuine filter for £20 so i'm not paying that - i have to speak to the service guy when i get there tommorow. If he says he wont log the service as being done without it (as receptionist told me) then i'll go to a back street garage and get genuine parts for them to fit.

£290 for an oil + filter + cabin filter change is a rip off :mad:

·
Registered
346 Posts
That is absolutely ridiculous......the price on the site is supposed to be the price you pay.

The only reason I didn’t need the micro filter is because the oil service wasn’t actually due for another year. The dealer did say today that when they do an oil service on schedule it has to have the micro filter at the same time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok...I just had a thought. You have a 210, so I grabbed a reg from a 210 online and entered that into the service site. Suddenly, all the prices at my local dealer increased significantly. The oil and oil/micro filter prices went up to what you’ve been quoted at your local dealer, and the standard scope doubled to £30. As an example, the front brake pad service also increased by £75.

That was a 17 plate 210. Strange as it’s basically the same car as my MCS. It got even stranger when I used the reg from a 66 plate 210 and the prices went back down to what they are for my MCS.

Edit: Is the price somehow also based on whether the vehicle is >= 3 years old......on the 17 plate the oil service alone is basically what I was quoted in October just before my car was 3 years old.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Had oil + filter change done today at Mini (no cabin filters) - price was £160 (y) - didn't expect it to be less?

It is weird the prices you found to be different between a S and 210 as they use the same oil filter and amount of oil, only difference between the 2 is a different exhaust and remap which wouldn't make any difference regarding servicing?
I believe if the car is over 3 years old then it goes by another price list which has oil inspection (i thought this is what i needed), under 3 years old it has to include cabin filter for some reason (i'm doing my own).
I don't know why there was difference in price between a 66 and 17 plate car as both are pre lci so are identical - maybe 1 was an auto but even then the oil + filters would be the same?

The local indy got back to me last night with a price for oil+filter and cabin filters - £299 :rolleyes: - last time i used them a different bloke ran it (ex BMW mechanic) and charged £80 for an oil + filter change..........

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good to hear you got it cheaper.

I thought it had something to do with being a 210 (even though it’s mechanically the same as an S) when I checked the 17 plates prices but when the prices dropped for the 66 plate 210 (over 3 years old) I figured the difference was the age of the cars.

That explains why the price of an oil change was £190 on my car in October just before it turned 3 years old but it’s only £109 now. It explains it but doesn’t excuse it. :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yep same car, same engine so same amount of oil, same filter, same amount of time to change but if the car is 1 month older than 3 years it's cheaper?
I wonder how much the oil + filter is for a JCW - same parts and labour as a S but would they charge more again?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just grabbed 2 JCW plates from google......looks be the same price for a JCW as it is for an MCS, and the same price differential based on the age of the car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just collected my F56 Cooper from Stephen James. Thankfully this main service is covered by a service pack. I took the opportunity to get an explanation why last week I paid £314.50 for my wife's F60 oil & filter change. He explained the on line price of £279 doesn't include the standard scope charge of £39.50. Doesn't add up but it's close. Why does the F60 standard scope charge differ from that of a F56? Conclusion is that they just fudge figures.

His first explanation was that the on line prices use cheaper OEM parts.
Needless to say that once my warranties run out I'll be using indies.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I just collected my F56 Cooper from Stephen James. Thankfully this main service is covered by a service pack. I took the opportunity to get an explanation why last week I paid £314.50 for my wife's F60 oil & filter change. He explained the on line price of £279 doesn't include the standard scope charge of £39.50. Doesn't add up but it's close. Why does the F60 standard scope charge differ from that of a F56? Conclusion is that they just fudge figures.

His first explanation was that the on line prices use cheaper OEM parts.
Needless to say that once my warranties run out I'll be using indies.
That scope charge sounds steep? and on both cars the scope is just to connect the car to the workshop computer to check for fault codes and update the service record - should take the same time for each car
My actual price upon collection was cheaper then the online price so his explanation sounds backwards regarding cheaper prices for parts quoted online :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just grabbed 2 JCW plates from google......looks be the same price for a JCW as it is for an MCS, and the same price differential based on the age of the car.
Guess the 210 upgrade makes my car super special so they charge a super special service price :)
I know if i have the car when it's out of warranty i'll be using local indy garages for servicing (not the 1 i tried this week though)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Guess the 210 upgrade makes my car super special so they charge a super special service price :)
I know if i have the car when it's out of warranty i'll be using local indy garages for servicing (not the 1 i tried this week though)
Sorry...I only mentioned MCS in the last post so maybe wasn’t clear. JCW/MCS/210 prices for oil service are all the same......they only change based on age. :)

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sorry...I only mentioned MCS in the last post so maybe wasn’t clear. JCW/MCS/210 prices for oil service are all the same......they only change based on age. :)
Ah - thought you mentioned the 210 price quoted was higher than the S

Still seems to be hit and miss with the prices, if you're polite when there a bit of discount is possible as well :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts