Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a 2015-2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman 2.0l Petrol, since owning the vehicle I have found that i get a prompt around every 3 months to add oil, 1 litre at a time.

Is this normal? how often do you tend to top up the oil on your car?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’m doing around 7-8k per year in my MCS and I’ve never had to top up the oil between annual oil services.

A litre of oil every 3k sounds a little much to me, but maybe someone with a little knowledge on the subject will weigh in soon. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,911 Posts
Never had to gop up any of our minis let alone an f series. That would worry me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are there any signs of oil leaks around the engine? A slight leak from a cam cover, for example, could explain this level of loss but it would leave traces on and underneath the engine.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Had my Clubby Cooper S just over 3 years, clocked up about 20,000 miles had the oil warning once (only added 1 litre). Always dealer serviced, following 2 year change schedule.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought it was a bit greedy, had an Evoqua before the clubman and it didn't demand any where near the oil the clubman has!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I currently drive a 2015-2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman 2.0l Petrol, since owning the vehicle I have found that i get a prompt around every 3 months to add oil, 1 litre at a time.

Is this normal? how often do you tend to top up the oil on your car?
These engines can consume oil, within spec, but 1L per 1000 miles is high.

36k on my '17 JCW and it uses around 500ml in 5k but has never requested it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinking of booking it in for an oil service (as its due), see if they pick anything up, then see how long it lasts before it requests it again, then if it does take it in for investigation. I have a 2 year warrenty so hopefully it should cover it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts