Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember on a couple videos a reference to a strut brace on the F57 convertibles that isn't included on the F56, and that both reviewers joked that F56 owners would likely start stealing them away. Where on the car is this brace? I looked where I thought it would be and don't see anything special but I barely know my way around it.

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
Our R series had braces under the rear end-metal beams bolted to the subframe at the rear outer and angled in to under the middle of the car but forward toward the seat area. Could be the same i suppose? Have a nosey underneath.

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
THAT's the badger-thank you-just what I was trying to describe and just the same on our r series we had! Couldn't get under it as it's long gone sadly as it was a lovely car!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s obviously needed for the F57, as extra support due to the lack of roof. I have to say I’ve not noticed any problems in the handling. I do however have a front strut brace which i feel does help a lot

·
Registered
154 Posts
It’s obviously needed for the F57, as extra support due to the lack of roof. I have to say I’ve not noticed any problems in the handling. I do however have a front strut brace which i feel does help a lot
Which strut brace are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm running a chromiumtech front strut brace. very easy to install. i put a small slit in the rubber and fed the mount through there and sealed with tiger seal. this saves
squashing the bonnet rubber seal

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
Helps with scuttle shake I should think.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Helps with scuttle shake I should think.
It certainly does, although with it being such a short wheelbase, there isn't that much scuttle shake, compared to other convertibles. i think our saab convertible was the worse for that

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
My Fiat X1/9 was unbelievable; mind you I am sure a lot of that was down to the lack of metal ( replaced by fiberglass and filler)! I never did run a magnet along it but bet it wouldn't have stuck in many places below waist height!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts