Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you get a litre bottle of oil with the car?

Does the engine drink oil, like the RX8?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was in a little black zipped bag, branded with Mini. It was in the lower boot area, with the cargo net, which was wrapped in a bag.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nope, I didn't get it either! Seems strange as modern engines really should not use oil to the extent you have to regularly top them up.
I would like the bag though!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Keep the oil send me the bag Mini. As you can see I didn't get it either. What kind of oil is it? Share a pic of your gift please

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a litre of oil when I bought my R56 cooper.
I do low mileage and at almost 2 years old the car has only done just over 14,000 miles so far.
I have topped the oil up twice over that time and have used most of the container.

It's a nice touch from the dealer I suppose, I thought they all did it?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Keep the oil send me the bag Mini. As you can see I didn't get it either. What kind of oil is it? Share a pic of your gift please
I got the same; although mine was branded Castrol, rather than Mini. Also the cargo net in a plastic bag, as well as a fairly fancy GEN3 care pack, also in a fancy black bag, which came as part of the paint protection option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.