Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after years of wanting a Mini, I've finally decided to order in a Mini F55 in Electric Blue in August time :D

My options list so far is:
Manual Transmission
White Roof with bonnet stripes
Salt and Pepper packages
Multimedia package
Convenience package
Climate package
Control package
16 inch wheels in Victory Spoke Black
Exterior Mirror Package
Chrome Line exterior
Driving modes with Dynamic Damper Control

My main things I can't decide on are the seating and interior finishes. I've selected the Cloth/Leather combination Diamond, but tempted to go up to the Mini Yours leather lounge seats. Are they worth the extra $1000+ or should I stick with the Cloth/Leather combo? Or should I go with the regular leather lounge or cross punch leather?

Also, interior finish wise I know I want the Mini Yours with the extra LED strip of interior lighting but torn between all three options (Off white, Dark Cottonwood or Fibre Alloy). Any pictures/opinions of the three finishes would be greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just the Cooper 1.5L petrol :) I'm getting the manual transmission, test drove the auto and manual and preferred the manual transmission. To me the auto wasn't worth the cost when I could use that for extras I needed

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the Yours Lounge Leather in black in mine and my daughters Mini has the Cloth/leatherette combination Black Pearl Carbon Black.

I actually find sitting in the cloth seats more comfortable personally but the lounge seats do add a bit of quality to the cabin which the way they look and that leather smell...

Another thing with leather is that it gets hot in summer and cold in winter so the seat heating option is something you may need to add in to the additional cost

It's a personal choice though so I guess only you can decide if it's worth the additional outlay

Some pictures if you google ;)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...eHNAhVhDcAKHbFfAtUQ_AUICCgB&biw=2560&bih=1235

·
Registered
998 Posts
i have the pearl cloth seats & they are by far best cloth seats i've ever had in a car. as soon as i saw them i knew there was no point paying extra for leather. after 20,000 miles they still look like new & are incredibly comfortable.

i also have the mini yours off white, there should be some pic in my gallery - i dont have anywhere online that i can host pictures from

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
i have the diamond cloth half leather; love them and it really is leather-(unlike the reverse option which is leatherette or fake leather) you can smell it if you leave the car a few days and come back to it-even now and my car is nearly two years old. Love them; would have liked full leather but in terms of comfort they are great and i too just could not justify the extra £1000! i wanted other things eg the hud, leds and harmon kardon system-and i am jolly glad i did!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, should probably mention the climate package here has heated seats :) Designing this Mini is getting harder and harder. I saw both the mini yours leather lounge and the cloth/leather combination at the dealer and like both. Its the issue of if I want to increase the cost by having the leather lounge seats! The cooper I test drove had the mini lounge and they were so comfortable! The price tag is already up there, I think I added in almost every option :p

Thats my exact issue Jeremy, I really don't want my price tag exceeding the 53k mark, and the leather lounge would be pushing it. Good to know that you love the Leather/Cloth Diamond, since thats what I'm deciding between :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts