Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just heard back that the Option 314 Heated mirrors and washer jets is now no longer available.........
Anyone know anything about this ?
I am gutted as I didn't have them in my R56 and was so looking forward to having them in my new F56.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
As far as am aware these are standard fit items on the f56, so dont panic;order the heated front screen too and you;re on a winner! Others may correct me here of course!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems the option was taken off the system this morning and no longer available.
Sadly I can't afford to add the heated windscreen much that I'd love it !

·
Registered
460 Posts
What if you order folding mirrors are they no longer heated?

I shall be annoyed if mine arrives without heated mirrors

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I bet it's not; its standard, not an option so don't panic! The option is there for the folders. If in doubt ring the dealer but am pretty sure the heated mirrors and nozzles were never there as an option. i didnt spec them when i bought mine but have them-didnt want the folders!
J

·
Registered
478 Posts
Don't forget some things are country specific. So true I have never seen heater mirror as an option, they are standard, but maybe not in Ireland. Removing them is a strange move. I think If I was about to buy and the dealer gave me this info I would be calling Mini to confirm it, just in case the dealer has crossed wires somewhere.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked with a friend of mine who is a MINI salesman in Northern Ireland who confirmed what my dealer said that the option is gone of the order system.
But he still thinks the car will arrive with them fitted as he thinks they just removed the option as it was standard equipment anyway.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
My 2016 SD with folding mirrors seem to clear with the rear screen button so I'm under the assumption they're heated... Although to be totally honest I didn't think it was even available to begin with.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I checked with a friend of mine who is a MINI salesman in Northern Ireland who confirmed what my dealer said that the option is gone of the order system.
But he still thinks the car will arrive with them fitted as he thinks they just removed the option as it was standard equipment anyway.
And if you read the replies you would know this because you've been told at least twice by other members of the forum!!!

I'll tell you again just to be clear... They are standard equipment, heated mirrors and jets were fitted to my 2016 Cooper built last month and were not listed as an option. Standard equipment.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Thanks bjblyth,said it how I was feeling it! .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to reply that since collecting the car and having frosty mornings, or does appear that the heater mirrors and washer jets are still standard just not listed on the dealer system anymore. They don't instantly clear but after a few minutes they do defrost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts