Mini Cooper Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very surprised at the speed, I was honestly settled in for a wait until the coming winter.
I ordered my Countryman on same date you ordered your JCW. I’ve got no official date except dealer saying probably September at time of ordering . However, with all the rumours about changes to specs and production being more streamlined I haven’t got a clue. All will be clearer soon 🤞

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I ordered my Countryman on same date you ordered your JCW. I’ve got no official date except dealer saying probably September at time of ordering . However, with all the rumours about changes to specs and production being more streamlined I haven’t got a clue. All will be clearer soon 🤞
Hopefully you'll be pleasant surprised as well!
What a crazy time to be a Mini fan.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hopefully you'll be pleasant surprised as well! What a crazy time to be a Mini fan.
From a discussion I had a couple of weeks ago with the dealer it wasn’t looking good.

It’s a crazy time for anyone trying to buy a new car at the moment regardless of the manufacturer.

Keep us informed of your delivery and don’t forget to share some pictures when it’s arrived !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
From a discussion I had a couple of weeks ago with the dealer it wasn’t looking good.

It’s a crazy time for anyone trying to buy a new car at the moment regardless of the manufacturer.

Keep us informed of your delivery and don’t forget to share some pictures when it’s arrived !
Very true!
I'll definitely keep this thread updated and upload some shots when it arrives. I'm sure I'll even be tracking the boat as well o_O

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
193 Posts
I'm cautiously hoping it is in but I don't have a way to tell at the moment. BimmerWork doesn't have any trans info on it either. I think tomorrow I'll email my sales rep and see if she can check for me. People on here seem to be saying that May/June builds will have them, if that's true than I think I'm good. 🤞
Don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll be fine 😉 🤞

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
193 Posts
🤞

Sidenote, have you looked into wheels any more, or just going to run stock for a while?
Very good question! I’m so undecided… the longer I have the stock ones on, the more I like the OEM look of them. There’s two things I dislike though, the offset and tyres width. They sit too much inside, they need to be a touch more flush with the wheel arches, and are a tiny bit too narrow. It doesn’t look right proportionately to the car, in my opinion anyway - the car has quite a nice fat ass when you look at it from the back and the wheels/tyres are letting it down a bit. Same story with that aggressive front end, the wheels/tyres don’t look right. So firstly, I’m going to get the below 12mm spacers fitted by Lohen. Those will take the offset from ET54 to ET42 and I’m hoping it will look just right without being too aggressive. I’ve done the same thing with OEM wheels in the past. If I like the result, I’m going to put 215 Michelins on, 7J should take it no issues. But if I don’t like it, it’s back to the drawing board and the candidates are OZ Leggera, Alleggerita or Ultraleggera, whichever Lohen recommends. Are you any closer to making a decision?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Very good question! I’m so undecided… the longer I have the stock ones on, the more I like the OEM look of them. There’s two things I dislike though, the offset and tyres width. They sit too much inside, they need to be a touch more flush with the wheel arches, and are a tiny bit too narrow. It doesn’t look right proportionately to the car, in my opinion anyway - the car has quite a nice fat ass when you look at it from the back and the wheels/tyres are letting it down a bit. Same story with that aggressive front end, the wheels/tyres don’t look right. So firstly, I’m going to get the below 12mm spacers fitted by Lohen. Those will take the offset from ET54 to ET42 and I’m hoping it will look just right without being too aggressive. I’ve done the same thing with OEM wheels in the past. If I like the result, I’m going to put 215 Michelins on, 7J should take it no issues. But if I don’t like it, it’s back to the drawing board and the candidates are OZ Leggera, Alleggerita or Ultraleggera, whichever Lohen recommends. Are you any closer to making a decision?

That sounds well thought out. It's also nice to get some detailed opinion on how they sit in stock form. I don't dislike the design, I'm sort of neutral on them, but I'm not a big fan of black wheels and the fact that they sit a bit too far in and don't really flesh out the wheel well is a bit annoying. I'd like that rear eyeline to go hips down without the indent/negative space of the sunken wheel, like you said, they have a good ass. I'll be anxious to see how the spacers work out. I've always been against them, but I've also always been in larger vehicles and there are good reasons to not put a spacer on something like a Land Cruiser.
I haven't made any decisions either though. The Alleggerita is a great looking wheel. I like the Team Dynamics and the Rays wheels I posted in that wheel thread as well, and I still like the OZ HyperGT, so at least there are options. I was trying to stick with a 17 and have a little more rubber but at the same time, there are more wheel options at 18 so I get why people go that route as well. I don't think I'd go bigger than that though personally. Could get real weird with it and put some Integrale's on :LOL:

**Still haven't done enough looking into recommended wheel specs for the JCW, I'd been distracted with seeing if mine would come through as I wanted and I didn't want to get ahead of myself too much, so I'm open to insight on that if you know what to look out for, though I'll spend some time here soon, that'll open the search up past certain sites preconfigured guides that are just based on selcing a JCW from a menu.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
That’s great to hear - can’t wait to see the Rebel Clubman 😉 And a manual, will be pretty special 😎
yep can wait to see it .... never actually seen rebel green in real life.... im taking a punt! I had orderd BRG originally then changed it as i wanted it more like the original BRG colour.
Mine is a AUTO not manual ;) they dont give us the manual option for a Clubman in AUS

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
yep can wait to see it .... never actually seen rebel green in real life.... im taking a punt! I had orderd BRG originally then changed it as i wanted it more like the original BRG colour.
Mine is a AUTO not manual ;) they dont give us the manual option for a Clubman in AUS
Rebel is a knockout color, you're going to love it in person. Its subtle but in a wonderful way.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts