Mini Cooper Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
🤔 … the only thing I think i want is the black belt line to replace the chrome one as this is the only chrome part of the car I think
I swear I'm the only weirdo who wants chrome. I optioned the standard chrome trim, which I believe will be the beltline and light surrounds...I want to do the mouth of the grille as well if that's something I can do, like the photo below.
I'm thinking about paint-matching the fenders as well...but not sure. I've seen it look great and I've seen it look a bit off.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
Mine's rebel green, so still quite dark. That photo above is great looking I think.
I figure if I tire of the chrome its not too tough to swap.
Do you know where I can get the black belt line from ? It wasn’t an option for me to choose black …. Should I just ask the dealer ?

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
193 Posts
🤔 … the only thing I think i want is the black belt line to replace the chrome one as this is the only chrome part of the car I think
Below link should take you to the official OEM part number. Try your eBay, I’m sure some local dealer will be selling them. Or your own dealer should be able to order it for you, maybe at a bit of a premium to an eBay one.

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
193 Posts
I swear I'm the only weirdo who wants chrome. I optioned the standard chrome trim, which I believe will be the beltline and light surrounds...I want to do the mouth of the grille as well if that's something I can do, like the photo below.
I'm thinking about paint-matching the fenders as well...but not sure. I've seen it look great and I've seen it look a bit off.

Nothing weird there @BTB, I think it looks great with silver wheels as you’re planning to get! If I had silver or polished wheels, I’d also keep the chrome belt line on for sure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Nothing weird there @BTB, I think it looks great with silver wheels as you’re planning to get! If I had silver or polished wheels, I’d also keep the chrome belt line on for sure.
That's very true, the wheelset certainly plays into the overall aesthetic with the trim.
I'll admit though, I was thinking yesterday it would be very cool to be able to get paint-matched trim kits for the belt, grille and lights...I still may give the piano black a go at some point, but want to see how mine plays out with what I have in mind. It's nice that you can change the overall tone of these cars with such minimal tweaking.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts